RTV 1140 CPX Customization

TableRocked

Jun 14, 2013
Lampe, Missouri
A shout out to all RTV 1140 CPX owners.

Have any of you had a LineX or equivalent spray in liner used for your box/bed? My dealer is telling me no spray in liner can be used or else it won't fold into the smaller bed.

As I plan to use mine to move rock, logs, ect as well as my wife to haul beach towels, lifejackets, coolers down to the boat dock, if the bed can't be sprayed out without leaving a rusty mess behind like most pickup beds that aren't sprayed, my purchase of this unit is "out".

Is anyone using the drop in liner from Kubota?

What are your favorite "customizations" of this unit? Any photos?

descanso1

Equipment
b7800, rtv
Dec 23, 2013
descanso, ca(southern Ca.)
Why don't you just build a removable box out of plywood for when you want to move the rocks and wood? Then remove it when wifey wants to use it.. You could also build it with taller sides to haul more. Or you could use a removable rubber mat.. I have a rubber mat like they use in gymnasiums that I place in the bottom of mine when I move a lot of rocks... You could also use aluminum diamond plate and bolt it to the existing floor... would look sharp...

mayems

Equipment
2013 RTV1140, 2014 L3800
Oct 2, 2016
Nashville
Line X is good stuff. Local Line X quoted me for my 1140 but it was close to the price for my RAM Rebel (which I had them do). Decided to DIY and used RAPTOR spray liner. Pretty good stuff. If I had it to do over I would have used two kits to make it thicker. But it still stands up to a lot of abuse. You pretty much have to dent the metal for it to pop loose (read front end loader hitting top of side rail - hey I'm always in a hurry).

My 1140 is used as a work horse and I expect it to deliver. Wanted 26", more aggressive tires shortly after buying. Almost got stuck in gumbo w/a full load of people (including some grandchildren). Besides traction, power was an issue. Wouldn't hardly spin them even in low. Knew if I went to larger diameter tires power issue would be even worse. Enter Swag turbo kit to turn the 26" Grim Reaper tires.

BTW - missed it if you had a roof listed on your options but I STRONGLY recommend FTD Cabs in Florida. He uses 3/16 inch diamond plate aluminium vs the typical 1/8. You can walk on it anywhere with no apparent give - and I weight 225. Doesn't crack like plastic (in fact it stands up well to a beating, err tree limbs. And vs steel it doesn't make the machine excessively top heavy.

Attachments

mayems

Equipment
2013 RTV1140, 2014 L3800
Oct 2, 2016
Nashville
BTW - If you spray it pull those D*#!* rubber floor mats and spray the floors (front and back as well). Those rubber mats laying flat on steel floors are rust magnets.