Rotary Cutter & FEL for B2650

MyMonyPit

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534A FEL, MMM
Jun 24, 2017
Grubville, MO
I recently purchased a B2650 with around 20 hours on it. It came with just a MMM but the price was right. Now I'm looking to add a rotary cutter and a front end loader and am looking for advice since I'm a newbie at all of this.

Rotary Cutter
I've seen people are pulling 48" and 60" cutters with their B2650. My fields have had years of neglect before we moved here and they haven't been mowed in a couple of years at least. I'd feel safer with a 48" since that's what Kubota recommends in their owner's manual. My question is:

Can I offset the cutter to one side since my tire width is around 53" and the cutter will be 48"? I'd like to be able to get the cutter as close to the fence as possible. If so, how is this accomplished?

Front End Loader
The typical questions here.
54" or 60" bucket? Pin or quick attach? The 60" bucket says light duty but do I really have to worry about anything?

I pulled up 20 pages when I searched for B2650 on this forum and read every one of them. Trying to do my homework before spending my money.

Thank you!

Rookie Farmer

Equipment
B2650 SSQD forks 60" rear finish mower
Jun 9, 2017
Tenino, WA
I too recently purchased my B2650. I think after putting 26 hours with a 60" finish mower you will be just fine with a 60" mower. I have found sped is the biggest factor when mowing. If you don't like the cut, just slow down and let it work a little longer.

I have the 54" bucket with SSQD and pallet forks as well. Love the SSQD as I change between bucket and forks regularly. Haven't been able to max out weight on my bucket yet with either dirt or rock, however, I have with my pallet forks, moving concrete for my fence project. Even with loaded tires. Next item on the list is ballast.

I believe everything is personal preference based on your circumstances. I chose to go with a finish mower for my 1.5 acres that I keep mowed because I wanted a better cut and it is all grass with no debris. It started at 2' tall but my mower knocked it down. I just had to mow it twice to get it looking decent. I now mow weekly and I am very happy. Does just as good as my rider would do.

One thing too look at is renting a brush hog in the sizes that you want to use before buying. I have found several people on Craigslist in my area willing to rent their implements for like $50/day. I don't have a brush hog so when it comes time to clear so brush for a new fence I will just rent it rather than buy one and only use it 1-2x/ year.

Last edited:

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
My BX pulls a 4' rotary cutter no problem. 5' for you no problem.

The 54" bucket is a square back style I believe. Whereas the 60" is lighter duty because the loader can only lift X no matter what bucket is stuck on it.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't think you can offset a MMM but you can offset a flail mower. I have a Caroni and it has brackets that you choose whether it runs centered or offset left or offset right. I have a 5ft Caroni that i run on my L but a couple of people on the forum run tnat size on a B2650. Search Caroni.

MyMonyPit

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534A FEL, MMM
Jun 24, 2017
Grubville, MO
Sorry if I didn't explain myself properly but I wasn't talking about offsetting the MMM. But, if I did get a 48" rotary cutter, it wouldn't be as wide as my tire width so I was asking about offsetting it to one side or the other. Or actually, any implement that wasn't as wide as the wheel width.