Rops mounted LED lights on L2501

tlefire

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100, L2350, L2501
May 18, 2017
talladega alabama
I finally finished up my lights today. Took a little more time than I thought it would.

I started with a piece of 1 1/4" square stock cut to fit in between the rops. Mounted 3 37 watt lights facing foward and 2 facing towards the rear. I drilled holes in the top of the bar, to allow me access to tighted the light mounts. These holes will be covered by the bottom of the rops when mounted. 1/4" holes were drilled to allow wiring of the lights. These holes allow me to push in the rubber coated wires that came on the lights. All wiring was soldered with heat srink. Mounted to rops with u bolts.

Two waterproof switches mounted to dash that are push button and light up when on. A separate fuse block provide power and relays power lights. Tried to stay as close to factory wire runs as possible.

Boy are they bright. Usually don't run tractor at night, but had the lights laying around, so why not. All in all I'm happy with it.

Attachments

broketractor

Apr 17, 2016
arkansaw
I finally finished up my lights today. Took a little more time than I thought it would.

I started with a piece of 1 1/4" square stock cut to fit in between the rops. Mounted 3 37 watt lights facing foward and 2 facing towards the rear. I drilled holes in the top of the bar, to allow me access to tighted the light mounts. These holes will be covered by the bottom of the rops when mounted. 1/4" holes were drilled to allow wiring of the lights. These holes allow me to push in the rubber coated wires that came on the lights. All wiring was soldered with heat srink. Mounted to rops with u bolts.

Two waterproof switches mounted to dash that are push button and light up when on. A separate fuse block provide power and relays power lights. Tried to stay as close to factory wire runs as possible.

Boy are they bright. Usually don't run tractor at night, but had the lights laying around, so why not. All in all I'm happy with it.
That looks really good!

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Nice job.
Do they get in your way when you turn around or is your ROPS tall enough?

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
I used those same lights...they filled up like aquariums on the first rain...do two things...zip tie around the cable to get water to drip off about an inch before it enters the light...and two... silicone the entrance into the light.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I've done a couple different mounts and lights.
These look funny, but damn I like them! Easy take-off in spring, and don't get busted.

Just 4-6" angle brackets w/ 27 watt LED's. Unbolt and unplug in spring. Not sure, but think I had some or all of the brackets already.

The ROPS on BX 2360 are short and I'm tall. Needed something above that was removable for mowing.

Summer ops....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tpkirkp

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, LA525 loader, Land Pride RCR1860 brush cutter
Apr 4, 2018
Concord, CA
www.cnunix.com
Great job! I think I'll add a coupla' ROPS lights to my L2501HST. I like your electrical installation. Nice of Kubota to have easy access to the fuse panel.