Replacement Joystick control valve

Cstlerk

Equipment
L2500/LB400
Aug 11, 2019
Albion, MI
Looking for a good replacement joystick control valve for my L2500. Kubota’s replacement is very expensive.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Looking for a good replacement joystick control valve for my L2500. Kubota’s replacement is very expensive.
Helping another owner with new loader valve.

Impressed by Nimco with load checks, float and regen features + ability to add power beyond feature or as it is called in their world HPCO for High Pressure carry Over.

Nimco CV 112

The valve is rated at 13 GPM which is good because finding a low flow valve is often a challenge and this is one area where too big is bad as you loose fine control.

Nimco CV 112.jpg

The following is from a post helping another owner but it contains useful advice for you.
Re: Power Beyond Sleeve

Greg
Look at this page from Nimco's site which shows the CV 112 is available as a cable control option.

Are you dealing with and getting advice from the Nimco head office tech people or just someone who sells their products?

Here is a page showing the cable control available for a number of Nimco CV valves including the CV 112.

The Nimco order forum which is also attached is the critical aspect of ending up with the valve you want.

Each box on the forum contains critical details which will make your loader operation a joy or drive you nuts.

I suggest you invest in a phone call and ask to speak to someone at Nimco Headquarters who can help you spec the exact valve you need.

Armed with the detailed order form info you can then go to whomever you are ordering the valve from and tell them exactly what you want ordered.

Local vendors do not have the knowledge of one brand's products to get you the best valve for your needs. They sell many different brands to a wide variety of customers and you do not want to rely on their knowledge too heavily.

North America & Asia
Corporate Headquarters
1500 South Sylvania Avenue
Sturtevant, WI 53177
Phone: 262-884-0950

Dave
sales@nimcous.com
nimco cable.jpg

nimco cable.jpg

nimco order form.jpg

Dave

Last edited:

Cstlerk

Equipment
L2500/LB400
Aug 11, 2019
Albion, MI
Greg and Dave thank you! All I have to do now is figure out what size the ports are on my OEM valve so that I get the correct valve. It seems there is more information I need to do my shopping for a replacement. Such as flow rate and pressure, is less or more better?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Greg and Dave thank you! All I have to do now is figure out what size the ports are on my OEM valve so that I get the correct valve. It seems there is more information I need to do my shopping for a replacement. Such as flow rate and pressure, is less or more better?
From the WSM for a 4WD L2500 the oil flow is 7.2 gpm at 2,200 psi

Too big a valve leads to control problems as you loose fine motor control.

Dave

Cstlerk

Equipment
L2500/LB400
Aug 11, 2019
Albion, MI
Thanks Dave, so would a valve that handles 10 gpm and 3600 psi be too big? I now iced the CV112 handles 13 gpm and 4600 psi.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks Dave, so would a valve Thant handles 10 gpm and 3600 psi be too big?
It will be OK. Far better than 30 gpm :)

Few company's make smaller valves these days.

You will want to lower the valve's relief setting to protect your tractor as 3,600 is far too high.

Dave

Cstlerk

Equipment
L2500/LB400
Aug 11, 2019
Albion, MI
I found this information from Brand Hydraulics ,
Two options.
Painted versions
PLV22TKRFSA3BW, Painted black, 1st spool Float option for boom, 2nd spool regen for quick dump, joystick handle, pressure relief and power beyond.
PLV22TKTSA3BW, Painted black, 1st spool Float option for boom, 2nd spool spring center, joystick handle, pressure relief and power beyond.

Non-painted versions
LV22TKRFSA3BW, 1st spool Float option for boom, 2nd spool regen for quick dump, joystick handle, pressure relief and power beyond.
LV22TKTSA3BW, 1st spool Float option for boom, 2nd spool spring center, joystick handle, pressure relief and power beyond.

To get the valve ordered you can order through one of my distributors.
Brand Fluid Power (sister company)
402-348-0300.

Or you can click the link below.
https://www.brand-hyd.com/Distributor_Locator/

Last edited: