removing dash on b2650

mantrackers1

Equipment
B2650
May 15, 2018
Dewey
can anyone tell me how to remove the dash on a b2650. I've taken out the 2 bottom bolts and disconnected the ignition switch but it seems to be stuck near the top. I'm trying to install factory rear work lights but can't find the wiring to plug the on/off switch to getit them working. Thx in advance

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
can anyone tell me how to remove the dash on a b2650. I've taken out the 2 bottom bolts and disconnected the ignition switch but it seems to be stuck near the top. I'm trying to install factory rear work lights but can't find the wiring to plug the on/off switch to getit them working. Thx in advance
Hello and welcome to the forum! Follow the link below
https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
accept the terms of use, open the parts illustrator, type your model into the search bar, wait for it, here it comes. Now look down the page till you find hood/bonnet and click on the little "+" to the left to see a drop-down. You should see what you need there.

Firefox

Equipment
2650 hst cab,fel,72mmm,48lp forks,48 tiller,PeCo vac,wt box
Mar 15, 2018
Swanton ,Oh
Remove the phillips screw (upper center-hard to see)keeps top of dash positioned,wiring taped down on top left side.Had mine off installing parking brake lite.

mantrackers1

Equipment
B2650
May 15, 2018
Dewey
thank you for the quick reply. I did what you suggested but I am not able to get to where the diagram shows a screw is located to get the dang dashboard off. I have been trying since shortly after you posted the information

Firefox

Equipment
Mar 15, 2018
Swanton ,Oh
I have the cab model. It may be different.The screw is right above digital display screen

TiggerToo

Equipment
Kubota B2650, snow blower, back blade, FEL, land plane
May 14, 2016
Halifax,Nova Scotia, Canada
Firefox what did you use for a switch for the parking brake? Did you order the one that the 3350 uses ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
Do you want to remove the dash completely? If so, you have to unbolt it from the sides (2 on each side if I remember correctly), unscrew the philips head screw above the display, remove the steering wheel. Then you have to gently lift the dash and disconnect the ignition switch and display wiring harnesses (there are push-in connectors) and then shimmy the dash to get it off without getting hung up on the cruise control and parking brake levers.

The first time I did it, it took me a loooooong time but after a few times, I could do it in 5 minutes. Removing the entire dash makes it much easier to run wires cleanly and time them up so nothing is flopping around under there.

Firefox

Equipment
Mar 15, 2018
Swanton ,Oh
Firefox what did you use for a switch for the parking brake? Did you order the one that the 3350 uses ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used a very small (mini micro) switch from my used stock,mounted behind brake release handle.very tight in there.My tractor has that parking brake swi already installed and wired in,but do not know it's purpose on the 2650 model ?????

traumadoc2b

Equipment
B2650 LA534 BH77 bucket forks snow blade box blade flail grapple harrow rake
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
Hello and welcome to the forum! Follow the link below
https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
accept the terms of use, open the parts illustrator, type your model into the search bar, wait for it, here it comes. Now look down the page till you find hood/bonnet and click on the little "+" to the left to see a drop-down. You should see what you need there.
Super helpful. Thanks so much!

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
If a WSM would help you, send me a Private Message (PM)

Dave

traumadoc2b

Equipment
B2650 LA534 BH77 bucket forks snow blade box blade flail grapple harrow rake
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
Do you want to remove the dash completely?

The first time I did it, it took me a loooooong time but after a few times, I could do it in 5 minutes. Removing the entire dash makes it much easier to run wires cleanly and time them up so nothing is flopping around under there.
This thread has been rather helpful as I've worked to install lights on my B2650. Thanks for everyone's help. I've started a new thread with photos of the work I did. http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=322319#post322319