Rebuilding boom cylinders on LA300

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Where would a person find specs on and possible rebuild kits for Kubota LA300 hydraulic cylinders. The 2 main cylinders are inverted (shaft on the bottom), so with leaking O-rings (I assume), they weep till they empty when setting unused. Looking at the manual, it seems I need at a minimum the 75536-63400 seal (70). I'm assuming that like the bolts I ran into, it's a Kubota proprietary seal kit.

But given the markup local, I'll be trying to order that somewhere else for a drop ship. Is this what I need, and all that I need? Can anyone offer suggestions on whatever else may be required. I've put in O-rings and packings on simple old hydraulic rams, but never build one of these. Any help and advise much appreciated, thank you.

If I could get these 2 leaks solved, that would be over 90% of my leaks in one project. Beyond that I've got a small fuel weep at the main timing pump, and the bucket cylinders have just enough leak to wet the area with no puddles or drips.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The seals in this cylinder are not proprietary seals, they can be picked at any good hydraulic service center. Just take them your cylinders or the seals and they could match them.
The two seal kits (70) are all the parts you will need to reseal your cylinders.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks, just what I needed to know.

One other thing. Any gotcha's on the project I should be aware of? Anything more than the standard "pay attention to where and how things go back together, keep it clean, and make sure the seals are installed properly and not torn"? Hopefully there will be no damage in the tubes requiring honing.