Rear Work Lights-L5240 Cab

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
I'd like to install Mini LED rear work lights. Kubota makes a "kit" (#T1065-75370) that's a switch for them. I don't know what else is in the "kit". Does anyone have any experience with this "kit".

I have the WSM and the wiring diagram shows wire running back above the headliner to each side for rear work lights. There are connector pigtails coming out from under the headliner. But they don't match the wire colors indicated in the wiring diagram. And they are not hot in any switch location. Will I have to take the cab roof off to find the right wires?
Shortly after I got the tractor new in 2010, I installed the rear wiper. To the best of my memory, the connectors were protruding out from under the headliner so the wiring was just a matter of plugging the wiper in.
Can anyone share their experience or knowledge with me?

Last edited:

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I ordered my L4060 with rear lights (that I immediately replaced with led spot/floods). In reading various posts about Kubota factory wiring, I believe all the wiring is present without the switch (right interior column) which would account for no power on the wiring in the headliner. Also likely there is no fuse in the fuse box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
The wiring should be in the roof already with the wires ends at the switch location and at each cab corner. likely taped to the hazard light wiring.

You'll need a switch and LED lights of your choice and perhaps some metal stock to make a mounting bracket.

I actually used two lights at each corner (4 total). 2 pointing to the rear and two off to the sides.

The switch has a common form factor and can be purchase for a number of sources. I've used this place for switches on several occasions. They have almost too many options!
https://www.otrattw.net/Switch-w-Rocker/

Another popular option for cab tractors is to change the dome light to LED. It's amazing how much difference it makes. Check the later posts on this thread for details. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/388386-led-light-replacement-cab-m7040-2.html?highlight=dome

Good luck and let us know how your project outcome.

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
Thanks for the help. The connectors were, indeed, taped to the cable for the flashers. I bought the "kit" which is nothing but the switch. Pricey but it is lighted and has the logo identifying it's function. After reviewing the electrical diagrams numerous time I concluded that power would come from the front work light circuit. Plugged the switch in and I now have LED rear lights. They can be lighted without the fronts switched on.

Truly appreciate your help.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Thanks for reporting back what you found and did!

That is an expensive switch (T1065-75370) at $33.46.