Rear end leaking?

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
This is how my day went. So while working on my front wheel bearings I took a small shortcut. Rather than dragging the floor jack over I used the FEL to lift the front end off the ground, through the jack stands under the uprights, and lowered the tractor onto them. This resulted in the tractor balancing on the stands and the rear end also nearly lifting off the ground. After cleaning the complete mess that was my front hub casing and putting it all back together I noticed fluid leaking from the rear end. WTF! Did a seal let go when I unloaded the rear tires? Why does it look like its coming from the top of the diff, the only thing up there is the 3 point hydraulics.... damn it. How, why. WTH! Touch the fluid on the ground, nope, no way, there is almost no viscosity its as thin as water. Could there be water in my hydraulic fluid again. No not this much. Well let me get it on the ground and keep looking. As I go to get back on it to get it running... I see my ice coffee tipped over in the drivers seat. Now I don't know if I'm more relieved there is nothing (new) wrong with my tractor or more pissed off that I spilled my coffee...

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
This is how my day went. So while working on my front wheel bearings I took a small shortcut. Rather than dragging the floor jack over I used the FEL to lift the front end off the ground, through the jack stands under the uprights, and lowered the tractor onto them. This resulted in the tractor balancing on the stands and the rear end also nearly lifting off the ground. After cleaning the complete mess that was my front hub casing and putting it all back together I noticed fluid leaking from the rear end. WTF! Did a seal let go when I unloaded the rear tires? Why does it look like its coming from the top of the diff, the only thing up there is the 3 point hydraulics.... damn it. How, why. WTH! Touch the fluid on the ground, nope, no way, there is almost no viscosity its as thin as water. Could there be water in my hydraulic fluid again. No not this much. Well let me get it on the ground and keep looking. As I go to get back on it to get it running... I see my ice coffee tipped over in the drivers seat. Now I don't know if I'm more relieved there is nothing (new) wrong with my tractor or more pissed off that I spilled my coffee...
It's called Donnie luck, wish I could tell ya it gets better with age butt........

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
BTDT. Took a few panic-stricken moments to notice that the mysterious puddle under the tractor was directly below the AC drain from the cab...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
BTDT. Took a few panic-stricken moments to notice that the mysterious puddle under the tractor was directly below the AC drain from the cab...
Been there done that. Out walking the dog. Come back up the street and notice a puddle under one of the vehicles.

Crawl under there and inspect, dip the finger in, rub it to see if it's oily 😁😁😁 Whew, condensation 🤓🤓🤓