Rear blade options

amanfromthere

Equipment
B2301
Mar 3, 2021
Ohio
Kinda thinking out loud here, any input or personal experiences would be appreciated. I've got a B2301

I'm looking for a rear blade, but can't decide whether it's worth it to get one with side to side tilt capabilities. Short of forking out a lot more than I'm able to for one with hydraulic adjustment, all the ones I've looked at (sub $1000) generally have 5 tilt positions- 0, 15, 30 or 0, 7.5,15.

My planned uses...
Snow removal. 500' gravel drive. No tilt needed for this.
Driveway needs rebuild, don't think it's had any attention paid to it in 20+ years. So spreading stone, grading, crowning, then just year to year maintenance.
My yard has lots of water issues and i'll be doing a fair amount of grading and cutting swales.

I'm sure a box blade would be as much or more effective for a lot of the driveway work, but I'll just rent one for $50 if/when needed. A blade will get used every year for snow at the very least, not gonna shell out for a snow blower anytime soon.

My concern is that the fixed tilt positions will limit me and I'll just end up adjusting it via 3pt linkages (can you even adjust 3pt via linkages with a QH attached?). Tilt positions are great for easy repeatable angles of course, when that specific angle is what you need.

Do I want to drop the extra $300-400 for a tilt blade or put that money towards another implement...

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
(can you even adjust 3pt via linkages with a QH attached?). Tilt positions are great for easy repeatable angles of course, when that specific angle is what you need.
All of the 3pt blades I've ever seen have manual angle and tilt capabilities. More expensive blades use hydraulics. Side links come as turnbuckle, ratchet, leveling box and hydraulic varieties. All can be adjusted with QH attached. Kubota has a ratcheting side link for B2650, probably fits the smaller B. Pull handle up, works like a ratchet wrench.
20170702_124445.jpg

MollerEquipment23

Equipment
BX2380, FEL, 54" mmm, Landpride box blade, pallet forks, Gearmore Rear blade,
Mar 3, 2021
San Diego, CA
I picked up this Gearmore 5' Blade from a Farm Estate sale for $250, fits great on my 2020 BX 2380 and it will be my first time using it. My yard has major drainage issues as well. Im attempting to cut a drainage ditch out to the alleyway or install a French drain. Here are some pics.

Attachments

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
For my purposes a back blade with offset is really a plus. A large part of my driveway has drop offs on both sides. For plowing or grading I need the offset. I'm waiting on my top n tilt kit from FitRite - the tilt function here will make grading a whole lot easier.

back blade showing offset.jpg

Reactions: 1 users