RCK60 mulching baffle kit: don't do it

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
It's que horrible. Installed the baffles and kept the regular blades. Cut quality sucked.

Bought the Kubota mulching blades. Cut quality sucked.

Bought Oregon G6 mulching blades. Big improvement to cut quality. But now the clippins' are being ejected out the front of the deck. You drive around in your own cloud of finely shredded grass. It plugs up the radiator screen, infests the air filter chamber, and get this: it was accumulating between the front grille and the muffler. At one point I discovered a clump of grass that was beginning to scorch.

Removed mulching baffle kit, kept the G6 blades, cut quality is so much nicer AND I can run the engine at 2500rpm.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It's que horrible. Installed the baffles and kept the regular blades. Cut quality sucked.

Bought the Kubota mulching blades. Cut quality sucked.

Bought Oregon G6 mulching blades. Big improvement to cut quality. But now the clippins' are being ejected out the front of the deck. You drive around in your own cloud of finely shredded grass. It plugs up the radiator screen, infests the air filter chamber, and get this: it was accumulating between the front grille and the muffler. At one point I discovered a clump of grass that was beginning to scorch.

Removed mulching baffle kit, kept the G6 blades, cut quality is so much nicer AND I can run the engine at 2500rpm.
Sorry but I am not quite clear on this. Is it still a mulching setup but without the baffles?

Dan

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Kinda. I kept the G6 blades which are targeted as mulching blades. The work very well in an open discharge configuration.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Kinda. I kept the G6 blades which are targeted as mulching blades. The work very well in an open discharge configuration.
Your post is timely for me. I need new blades for the RCK60 on my G2160 the G6 blades are touted as high lift to improve cut and bagging. My deck has a side discharge bagger that likes to clog. I might give those a try in the hopes it helps

Thanks,

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I've used G6 for a few years now. Not really a big fan over OEM, but they work just fine. They are quite stout compared to OEM, were less $$ than OEM if I recall, and hold an edge well.

They are designed for side discharge mowers, so may work well with your bagger, Dan.