Radiator removal B1700

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Pulled the radiator this afternoon out of the B1700. Fairly easy procedure. 10 and 12mm sockets, flat blade screwdriver, pliers and a bunch of extensions. Remove the one 12mm bolt from the exhaust bracket and rotate it up out of the way. Get much better access to the hose and clampThe hardest part was accessing that small hose that connects to the lower radiator and up to the block. Needed extensions to get on that bolt. Used the screwdriver to work the hoses free and left it wedged between the rad and the lower hose for a controlled drain. 4 10mm bolts and the fan shroud is free. Plenty of room to move it back against the engine and pull the radiator up and out. Four more bolts remove the guard from the front.
No obvious sign of a puncture so off to the radiator shop Monday to see what they can do. Will replace both upper and lower hoses since I have room before it gets put back in. Also need to get that foam piece that goes along the front bottom. May end up using a piece of a pool noodle since it is not subject to high heat.

Attachments

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
b4 I pull the radiator I like to use my pressure tester and air up a full system with no more then is safe pressure and look for leaks anywhere on the system. if you don't want to get a pressure tester I have put tees in one of the hoses with a shreader valve to air up the system for check with a tire inflator.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Dropped it off Tuesday on the way home. Repair shop said if they can fix it, $60. Called this am and said they found a pin hole and it was done. $20 out the door. Waiting on my hoses now which will be here Friday and then get her back together.

Reactions: 1 user