Putting the cart ahead of the horse...

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
I remember hearing from my dad and grandpa that old saying, dont put the cart ahead of the horse. I feel like Ive done exactly that.
Here I have a plow with no tractor to pull it.
I should be getting a tractor within a week or two but I feel like Ive gone against what they said.
I hope they arent looking down on me in disappointment.
Anyone ever done something like this before ?

Attachments

gcmiller

Equipment
B2910, LA402 FEL, Caroni TC-910 91" finish mower, RTV900
Mar 13, 2017
Raleigh, NC
You're just planning ahead so you'll be ready for the future. Strategery.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
That a 14" or a 16"..... will need a little more "horse" for the 16"!

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
You're just planning ahead so you'll be ready for the future. Strategery.
Thanks. I need all the help I can get.

Just be sure to put the plow behind the tractor--it don't work so good out front.
Now thats funny. Knowing me I might have considered it. Lol

That a 14" or a 16"..... will need a little more "horse" for the 16"!
14" and yes sir and no doubt it would take several horses to pull this. I never really thought about how hard it would be for real horses to pull this plow even with the correct harness and hook up.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Now wait a minute Mudball, looks to me like you've put the cart before the horse before you bought the plow!!!

Looking at the picture, you have a hydrant with a hose attached. Did you install it because it had to be there, or because you might need it there?:D:D

I doubt you'll need to be concerned about your dad and grandpa looking down on your decisions. The whole idea of their statement was to think things through before spending money. You probably bought the plow knowing you'd need it in your garden and got it at a bargain! So quit worrying, all is good.:D

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Now wait a minute Mudball, looks to me like you've put the cart before the horse before you bought the plow!!!

Looking at the picture, you have a hydrant with a hose attached. Did you install it because it had to be there, or because you might need it there?:D:D

I doubt you'll need to be concerned about your dad and grandpa looking down on your decisions. The whole idea of their statement was to think things through before spending money. You probably bought the plow knowing you'd need it in your garden and got it at a bargain! So quit worrying, all is good.:D
Sounds like words of wisdom.
Thanks

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
This is an urgent situation, too.

You gots to get a tractor asap and knock some paint off that pretty plow. If it takes much longer, you might just get a hammer and whack it really hard a few times. At least that way it looks like it's done something besides sit there and look pretty! :p

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
This is an urgent situation, too.

You gots to get a tractor asap and knock some paint off that pretty plow. If it takes much longer, you might just get a hammer and whack it really hard a few times. At least that way it looks like it's done something besides sit there and look pretty! :p
You got that right.
I feel like a horse chomping at the bit. Lol

southernboy

Equipment
Kubota L2501 4WD HST, LA525 Loader, Land Pride RCR1260 Cutter, Land Pride BB1260
Jul 25, 2018
Boaz, Alabama
I did the same thing, bought a hay baler a week before I got my tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Simple & to the point, YES I have. I’d bet most of us have. Not like u got the plow and was planning on getting a tractor in a few years or so, lol. I’m sure my pawpaw looks down at me for a good laugh pretty often, Dad’s still here and I’m grateful for that even if he pokes me in the eye from time to time, I need it.

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Could be worse. Took my uncle trolling for striped bass 3 years ago. He purchased 2 downriggers, mismatched (the standard is at least 4 anyways) and two old small outboards to be used as a kicker motor (both old 2 strokes, no good). Despite this sweet assortment of accessories.... still no boat. So.... what’s your plans for a plow puller thingamabob?

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Hello,

You don t want to consider some revolutionary idea, see pic,

Well just a thought if your acreage is getting bigger...

Regards

Robert
Lol. Ive seen those monsters before. That would be nice to have.

Simple & to the point, YES I have. I’d bet most of us have. Not like u got the plow and was planning on getting a tractor in a few years or so, lol. I’m sure my pawpaw looks down at me for a good laugh pretty often, Dad’s still here and I’m grateful for that even if he pokes me in the eye from time to time, I need it.
Lost my father a couple of months ago, so now they are probably having a good laugh at me as well.
Oh well, live and learn.

Could be worse. Took my uncle trolling for striped bass 3 years ago. He purchased 2 downriggers, mismatched (the standard is at least 4 anyways) and two old small outboards to be used as a kicker motor (both old 2 strokes, no good). Despite this sweet assortment of accessories.... still no boat. So.... what’s your plans for a plow puller thingamabob?
I hope my planning works out better and I hope you get a boat.
The plow is to help reclaim a two acre area and maybe a crop later.

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Lol. Ive seen those monsters before. That would be nice to have.

Lost my father a couple of months ago, so now they are probably having a good laugh at me as well.

Oh well, live and learn.

I hope my planning works out better and I hope you get a boat.

The plow is to help reclaim a two acre area and maybe a crop later.

I already have my boat all set up. The story was about my uncle. What tractor are you planning on purchasing?