Pulling the trigger on a back blade for a BX 2626 Have a ?

Bucky Badger

Equipment
BX2660
Mar 17, 2017
Madison
Pulling the trigger on a back blade for a BX 2660 Have a ?

So I'm going to get a back blade for my BX. now, a lot of places sell the XB series that looks...a a little weak...for lack of a better term. I know the 2660 is a subcompact, but how many people use the heavier type 60inch blade with your tractor like a woods RB60?

Are all XB implements QH adaptable?

Last edited:

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
I use a standard CAT 1 rear blade. It won't lift as high as it should if you need the main beam level for angle grading. You have used about half of your lift when the beam is level. The BX lift arms are pretty low compared to a larger tractor. Usable but not ideal. A standard weight/size blade with pins about 6 inches lower would be great.

Some of the XB implements I've seen had a smaller set of hitch dimensions and wouldn't fit a CAT 1 quick hitch. But that was years ago and I haven't looked at any lately. Lower pins should allow hook spacing of about 26 inches, and the top pin should be about 15 inches higher, with access from the bottom.

Bruce

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I have the Land Pride RB0560. I do like it and really only use it for snow. I also have a heavier duty box blade if I want to do some dirt grading. I wouldn't mind a little more heavy duty rear blade but it works. The pins are so narrow that I believe it will not fit on a quickhitch other than Pat's, which I have.
Looks like the next size RB1560 is another 100 lbs and fits the landpride quick per manual.

Bucky Badger

Equipment
BX2660
Mar 17, 2017
Madison
I have the Land Pride RB0560. I do like it and really only use it for snow. I also have a heavier duty box blade if I want to do some dirt grading. I wouldn't mind a little more heavy duty rear blade but it works. The pins are so narrow that I believe it will not fit on a quickhitch other than Pat's, which I have.
Looks like the next size RB1560 is another 100 lbs and fits the landpride quick per manual.
I saw they sell an extension kit for the pin
http://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/lp/public/manuals/300-276m.pdf

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
I just bought a Woods RB60 for my Bx2370. I love it. It works perfectly. It even tilts. I will say that when its tilted, its VERY close to the ground, but so far it hasnt been an issue. The tractor raises it a good 10" off the ground when not tilted. I would get a used RB60 over a new XB series anyday. There is no comparison in strength. My neighbor has a XB series.....The older woods I picked up seems twice as thick and its about 70lbs heavier.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have a Land Pride 60 incher I use on my bx 2360, its heavy and has so far taken everything its been asked to do. I dont know how heavy it is but it took 2 of us bustin our nu,,,,ahhhhh man hoods to get it in the back of the truck

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I use a Landpride RB1560 on my BX24. It is plenty strong enough for what I want it to do :D

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Light blades (around 150#) are great for snow removal as there is less chance of damage to your driveway or lawn when the ground isn't frozen. However, a light blade will just bounce across the ground when used for grading. A BX will easily handle any standard weight 60" blade (around 250#+) for grading.