Pto water pump

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
I'm looking for a small, self priming, pto water pump for my B2601. My tractor has 19hp at the pto. The longer I can go with self priming, the better. I would like to have 2, 55 gallon drums on my carryall and fill them up at my pond and use the water to water some trees and plants. I'm hoping someone has some experience with these pumps and can steer me in the right direstion. Thanks!

Last edited:

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
If they still make them, you might be able to get by with a roller pump for pesticide spraying. They don't flow a whole lot of volume, but you're only filling 2 drums with it.

Maybe something like this delvan roller pump:

http://www.agrisupply.com/roller-pu...pkw||pdv|c|&&gclid=CK7FyZ-JjNQCFQwxaQodiCgP_w

They all seem to be for 1000 rpm and up, but should work at 540 at a lower rate. My L1500 has the 4 speed PTO, but I suspect that the newer ones don't.

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
If they still make them, you might be able to get by with a roller pump for pesticide spraying. They don't flow a whole lot of volume, but you're only filling 2 drums with it.

Maybe something like this delvan roller pump:

http://www.agrisupply.com/roller-pu...pkw||pdv|c|&&gclid=CK7FyZ-JjNQCFQwxaQodiCgP_w

They all seem to be for 1000 rpm and up, but should work at 540 at a lower rate. My L1500 has the 4 speed PTO, but I suspect that the newer ones don't.
That one looks pretty good but I don't think it's self priming. It's say it can't be run dry. I am leaning toward this one here.

http://www.agrisupply.com/ferroni-mli-roller-pump/p/12242/

I'm hoping someone has used it before. It seems pretty good. I'm not too concerned with the pressure or volume because like you said, I don't really have much to fill.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
The ft of head and max pressure indicate it is going to make pressure if valved off or mostly closed very fast. If your feed a drum, no biggie. But if you hook it up to a sprayer it is going to shine!

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
Roller pumps usually need the water supply higher than the pump to work. Your best bet would be to get a small gas pump for around 150.00. These are 2 inch pumps and pump a lot of water in a short time

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
It wouldn't need to be self-priming, just leave a few gallons in the tank when you go to fill up, but with the price of the pump you linked to, that's really not bad. 110 gallons at a time really isn't all that much, but a roller pump may still seem awfully slow. We tow a 300 gallon (may actually be more) tank behind the tractor and use a gas pump to fill it for irrigating parts of the garden, and even with that we make 2-3 trips several times every week if it's dry.

I once had the idea to possibly fill my 60 gallon sprayer with water from a creek or pond. What I did was build a floating platform that would hold a bilge pump several inches under water, and ran it from the tractor's battery. Actually worked pretty well. Just another idea.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
Another thought. They make a 12 volt pump that is self priming and pumps about the speed of a garden hose. I bought one from harbor freight several years ago and yes it still works. I used it to fill a water tank from the pond but it took a while

Rosher18

Equipment
L185DT (1977)
Aug 2, 2016
Salem, Oregon
You could do a quick Google search for PTO diaphragm pumps. They make air operated and mechanically driven ones, you'd be looking for the mechanical flavor. Diaphragm pumps are self - priming.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I only fill 1 55 gallon drum and I use a waste water pump with a gas engine,

I use an HF 12-volt pump for watering, it is self-priming and does a good job.

I would be careful with 2 drums on the unit at the same time. If your ground is very flat probably ok but if you take the weight 2 x55x 8.35/gal + drums + carry all. Kubota state 1411 lbs at 24 inches behind the lifting points.
Take care

Last edited:

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
If you're driving around with the barrels partially full, the water sloshing around could make things sporty.