PTO solution

jlb2500hd

Mar 30, 2015
Fultonville, ny
got a brand new L4060 and the only way to run the pto while not in the seat is to flip the seat up, you cant leave the seat while pto is running without shutting pto off, flipping seat up, then turning pto on, anyone know if there is a way to defeat the sensor so pto will run without flipping seat up?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
got a brand new L4060 and the only way to run the pto while not in the seat is to flip the seat up, you cant leave the seat while pto is running without shutting pto off, flipping seat up, then turning pto on, anyone know if there is a way to defeat the sensor so pto will run without flipping seat up?

If I am not mistaken - that is the way it is suppose to work, I think on the BX series it is the same. I would hate to tell you to by pass the flip up seat safety switch!:D

I take it that you are using a chipper ?

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
You would have to defeat the "dead man" safety switch.

There should be two switches under the seat.

The Switch that is engaged when the seat is down but no one is in the seat is the one.

But in doing this you will get rid of the "dead man" safety system.

If you have an implement that can cause harm and you are Ejected from the seat and the machine will not stop and may cause an ouchy!

I would want to work with it.
So why is it causing an issue?

We do not want to read a post about somthing happening!:eek:

Ray

jlb2500hd

Mar 30, 2015
Fultonville, ny
a farmi winch, its a pita having to keep shutting off pto to get up, then flip the seat up, then turn pto back on to get off tractor and release the load and un hook chains, then tirn pto off, get back on seat, turn pto on, a lot of extra steps, love the tractor otherwise

jlb2500hd

Mar 30, 2015
Fultonville, ny
i saw the switch and considered trying to keep it depressed, didnt know if there was another way. totally understand the safety concerns, but certain implements there needs to be an easier system for getting on and off tractor

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have not tried this, and one never knows if I remember things right, but I thought the dealer told me that you have like 30 seconds after you leave the seat to flip it up if you want the pto to keep running. If it doesn't work like that maybe some timer circuit is off.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Maybe a secondary bypass switch for those jobs.
I had a tractor with a momentary switch I had to push every tome I backed up and the pto was on.
Was to remind you to look back.

Ray

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
So, I gotta ask, why don't you want to flip the seat up?

This is a safety mechanism, so it's there for a reason, not to annoy you.

jlb2500hd

Mar 30, 2015
Fultonville, ny
flipping the seat up is no problem, but i have to remember to turn the pto off first, then flip the seat, then turn pto back on, just extra steps, in my opinion unnecessary, if i had some time to stand up and flip seat while pto is running that would be ok, but it stalls as soon as you leabe the seat. i even tried disabling seat switch but even that doesnt work