PTO Quick Connect

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Is the locking pin going to be a problem? Watching the video it appears you would need 2 hands. One to pull the lock and one to twist the shaft.

I have been getting a popup ad for the same idea of a coupler. On this ad the locking pin is not built on. Maybe you could unlock it and then remove the shaft. Thus more of a one handed operation.

Second idea was a something like a clothes pin that after you pull out the lock and slide the clothes pin onto the shaft of the lock to keep it unlocked as you attached/unattached the PTO shaft.

Keep on keepin' on.
Good question, and idk. I like your approach as to how to address though.
I have an idea that Im going to try in the next few days before I order anything.
I will be posting it if it works ;)

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
This is one that I saw but it has the pop in lock also. I did not see the snap in lock in the ad I saw. But the price is much better.

Maybe you could remove the snap in pin all together and replace it with a standard pin and safety wire it in place.

Reactions: 1 user

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
on the spring loaded ball bearing pto connector I found if I get a u bolt the correct diameter pull back the spring, insert the bolt where it will hold the spring back without touching the balls I can then install the shaft then remove the u bold it makes it much easier to hook up!

Reactions: 4 users

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Being in my senior years, and struggling to hook up the PTO shaft.......I changed the yoke on my brush hog and finish mower to this style......much easier than the other styles in my opinion.

https://www.agrisupply.com/yoke/p/31373/

Another thing that helps is back your tractor up and align the tractor to the 2 pt portion of your equipment
Then move your tractor up a few inches (10-12?)
Lower the arms of the tractor
Connect your PTO
Then back up and hook up to your equipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
easier to just buy a 2nd...3rd, 4th tractor !
each has an implement on it, only have to install ONCE.

• Haha

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
This is one that I saw but it has the pop in lock also. I did not see the snap in lock in the ad I saw. But the price is much better.

Maybe you could remove the snap in pin all together and replace it with a standard pin and safety wire it in place.
Thats one thats on my list as well.
You raise a good point and I will keep your idea about the pin, in mind for the future.

on the spring loaded ball bearing pto connector I found if I get a u bolt the correct diameter pull back the spring, insert the bolt where it will hold the spring back without touching the balls I can then install the shaft then remove the u bold it makes it much easier to hook up!
Now your talking biscuits and gravy. This is not as the same as my idea, which I mentioned earlier, but has the same general concept. My idea involves those quick clamps commonly used in carpentry, but I was going to modify a small cheap set. Im not giving up just yet before buying those quick connects I originally posted.
I like your idea and will see if I have the right size here to try before my next trip to town.

Being in my senior years, and struggling to hook up the PTO shaft.......I changed the yoke on my brush hog and finish mower to this style......much easier than the other styles in my opinion.

https://www.agrisupply.com/yoke/p/31373/

Another thing that helps is back your tractor up and align the tractor to the 2 pt portion of your equipment
Then move your tractor up a few inches (10-12?)
Lower the arms of the tractor
Connect your PTO
Then back up and hook up to your equipment.
I really do like this idea better than buying the pto quick connects. If the idea I have, or the one mentioned in the previous post, dont pan out, then I believe this would be my next logical step to get it done and over with.

Thanks for all the great help.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
easier to just buy a 2nd...3rd, 4th tractor !
each has an implement on it, only have to install ONCE.
I wish ! And each unit would have a different brand tractor with appropriate HP for each implement.
Yes, I would do exactly that if I could, but I cant afford the building it would take to store them all in.:(

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I wish ! And each unit would have a different brand tractor with appropriate HP for each implement.
Yes, I would do exactly that if I could, but I cant afford the building it would take to store them all in.:(
I will help out, you can store them at our farm and come and get them when you need them. The rental fee will be free use of all the equipment your storing.

Just trying to help you out. :)

• Haha

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I presume you have already passed on a much more expensive, but completely automatic, hitch/PTO system.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

DianneInVa

Equipment
B3301 front loader; backhoe;
Jul 31, 2013
Fosston , MN
Hello. This is an old thread. I’ve had PTO quick attach on order for a long time. Before you say hooking up a PTO isn’t that hard: you’re right, but I have arthritis in my right hand. Just got notified by Kubota today that the automatic attache is no longer available.
I’m asking for confirmation or additional information, if you got it. Thanks.