PTO Link?

eichhoma

Equipment
MX6000
Jul 6, 2023
Missouri
Anyone here have any experience with this quick change adapter for the PTO?
Its called PTO Link, here is the site: https://tractorptolink.com/

I'm definitely one of these older guys with arthritis in my hands and struggle to change my PTO between implements... which seems exactly what this caters to... just wondering if anyone here uses it on an MX, I considering getting one with a couple male ends for implements... are they junk, do they make things easier? Open to any thoughts here... thx.

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
It adds a few inches to the end of the PTO output shaft so you'd need to move your implement out further by using a quick hitch.

The PTO Link® System adds approximately 5 inches to the overall length of the implement driveline when fully installed. To avoid any possible damage or injury requires carefully measuring the driveline length for possible adjustments and reviewing all installation instructions and operational specs before operating the PTO Link®.

eichhoma

Equipment
MX6000
Jul 6, 2023
Missouri
It adds a few inches to the end of the PTO output shaft so you'd need to move your implement out further by using a quick hitch.

The PTO Link® System adds approximately 5 inches to the overall length of the implement driveline when fully installed. To avoid any possible damage or injury requires carefully measuring the driveline length for possible adjustments and reviewing all installation instructions and operational specs before operating the PTO Link®.

right, I understand that... so any concerns with that? Any experience with using one on an MX tractor? Thx.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
This question comes up once in a while. I’ve seen these type couplers for several years and they look easier to use than the standard couplers, particularly the ones with the ring you have to pull backwards as you push the shaft forward while fighting the shield on the shaft and shield on the tractor (don’t know what evil mind came up with that one).

I have yet to hear from anyone who has first hand experience with them. I would like to hear some first hand knowledge as well. Sorry all I can give you is a thread bump…

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
and I'm also seriously interested. please post after you receive it.

btw several months ago I looked into this and iirc there was a 'family farm' business in Texas (?) that offered a similar product

eichhoma

Equipment
MX6000
Jul 6, 2023
Missouri
I’m glad I stopped by here. I just ordered one for my LX.
Would love to hear from you re: your opinions after trying it out... i take the videos on their site with a grain of salt, of course they will say its fantastic... looking for real world insight on this before I pull the trigger, thanks!

Reactions: 1 users

Lug66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, Z422KWT
Jun 7, 2023
SW Michigan
Hmm..curious....it extends 5 inches so..... you'll have to cut the PTO shaft down 5" ???????
You can go that route if you disregard the mathematical formula in the instructions on whether or not you need to trim down the length of your implement driveshaft.

Lug66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, Z422KWT
Jun 7, 2023
SW Michigan
I ended up getting the compact version rated up to 70 hp. Once the weather clears up I’ll post my instal on a LX2610. My (a) measurement is 3 3/4 total.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lug66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, Z422KWT
Jun 7, 2023
SW Michigan
The (b) measured at 4 1/8 which makes (a) 3 3/4 less than (b) so no cutting needed. I took my time and measured a few times. I used a 6” long 3/8 drive extension to help as a third hand. There’s plenty of warnings to remind you to measure the driveshaft. There’s a separate measurement for tillers.https://share.icloud.com/photos/0a5WmFiYngFiBuTmDFJHKdMrQ
IMG_1841.jpeg
IMG_1842.jpeg

Attachments

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The (b) measured at 4 1/8 which makes (a) 3 3/4 less than (b) so no cutting needed. I took my time and measured a few times. I used a 6” long 3/8 drive extension to help as a third hand. There’s plenty of warnings to remind you to measure the driveshaft. There’s a separate measurement for tillers.https://share.icloud.com/photos/0a5WmFiYngFiBuTmDFJHKdMrQ View attachment 126593 View attachment 126594
You have any initial impressions of it? Significantly easier hookup? Worth the cost for those who struggle with standard system? An expensive gimmick to be avoided?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious as to the warning..'Do not use in combinati...........'

with WHAT !!??

can see it being pricey as you need an end for EACH PTO shafted implement ( X 5 for me.....)

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada

with WHAT !!??

can see it being pricey as you need an end for EACH PTO shafted implement ( X 5 for me.....)
They don't want it used in conjunction with adapters to other spline types etc.

They sell packages which include up to 4 of the implement side with only 1 of the tractor side. I can see using the implement side part for several implements anyway. It is a lot easier to connect the spline on the implement when you don't have a tractor back end in the way.
It's not super cheap but it looks well made with good material so ...

Lug66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, Z422KWT
Jun 7, 2023
SW Michigan
You have any initial impressions of it? Significantly easier hookup? Worth the cost for those who struggle with standard system? An expensive gimmick to be avoided?
So far I don’t have any complaints about the setup. It’s easier to install than the standard setup on my LX. You have more to grab onto with one hand which made lining up with the three lugs easy. I have lower back pain and this new setup is worth it for me. The only thing I would change is the spring loaded lock pin. I would add in a 90 degree lockout to simplify the removal process even further but the lawyers would punch holes into that feature. One man’s gimmick is another man’s piece of gold.

Lug66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, Z422KWT
Jun 7, 2023
SW Michigan

with WHAT !!??

Spline adapters. You can buy five or you can remove the one and use it on the next implement.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
That setup reminds me of the tail rotor driveshaft disconnect on a S-61/H-3 helicopter.
Sikorsky is only about 30 miles from here. Maybe I should see what they are throwing out?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
In one video, the guy still 'struggled' to connect to that fancy adapter.
I finally learned to 1) connect to lower arms, 2) attach right vertical arm,3) connect PTO then 4) attach left vertical arm. For me this is easy since I'm kinda 'missing' the 'rubbers' between L3,L4 and L5.
Also, having the couplings and PTO shafting CLEAN yet 'oily' , really helps.