PS leaking from top of column

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Upper seal visible after removing wheel and spacer appears to be fine. But I've noticed a fairly prevalent seep in operation that keeps the wheel column fairly wet with leaking fluid. Anyone have experience with this type of leak? On removal, I noticed that the wheel itself was not well seated, but I don't think that's the issue. Which seal is the most likely culprit? I see that 04811-50500 is an o-ring located in a likely spot. Is this the answer?

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I found that drawing earlier, but it doesn't seem to fit with what I observed.

The leak comes out right under the steering wheel, and it even wicks up through the spline to get in/around the horn button. When wheel is removed, there is a sort or rubbery bushing (200?) that more or less just first between the wheel and the collar to take up the space. The tube that goes up to support the shaft (190?) has a rubber seal at the top, just below the rubbery doughnut bushing. That seal appears visually fine, but seems to be the source of the leak. It is soft and pliant, appearing even like near new once you wipe the crud away. And it's hard to tell without disassembly, but the shaft itself appears free of groove (not that it should have near enough rotations to be grooved).

The drawing also notes a "cir clip internal" retaining the seal. The seal I see appears to be a press fit in the end of the tube.

So now I'm wondering if the seal I see isn't a oil seal, but rather a dirt seal or something? Perhaps the oil seal is down below and it's just transferring up the tube/shaft? But that seal I see doesn't seem to be shown on the parts diagram.