Property tax

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
yep you have outlined why I am questioning government in general

they do things. Now I can't say that all those things is bad because they're not. Most have good intentions. However, there is almost always a positive outcome for "them" while the rest of us have to pay in one way or another. In certain areas which are generally run by certain types of people, the leadership doesn't do things that don't help themselves. Maybe it's a side effect, or maybe it's planned.

Case in point, lotteries. The thought about lotteries is that people can win money. Legalized gambling. The allure of a billion dollar winning ticket is too much for many people. However what they don't tell you is that you don't even get half of that. $460 million is still a good payout. But wait. Where's the $570 million that's left go?

Think of it this way. If one person wins $1B today, and the next time it goes high again, they win that. And then they win again. Over and over. Would it not throw up a "red flag"? That's government....they get the majority every time.

Your leaders are the clear winners in this game, they win the majority time after time after time. Yet nobody talks about it. The supporters say "tax money is important for schools and such". Sure, but the schools still suck. The roads still suck. Parks are ridden with crime. Law enforcement systems still suck. NOTHING was accomplished, except leadership roles in government got jobs and bigger paychecks which eats up most of the $570M that is left over out of that $1B "jackpot".
I’m not sure how the lottery in your state is set up, but the government lottery take in my state benefits society and is not used for government salaries. It pays for college or trade school tuition for any in state high school graduate, as long as they maintain a certain GPA in school.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I’m not sure how the lottery in your state is set up, but the government lottery take in my state benefits society and is not used for government salaries. It pays for college or trade school tuition for any in state high school graduate, as long as they maintain a certain GPA in school.
kinda the way they do it here, supposedly.

They have to pay a lottery commission which is comprised of people who are fairly well paid to run it. Those people get tax money-which comes from, among other things, the moneys from lottery winnings. I haven't looked into what the cost of the commission is, but "I've heard" (we all know how that goes...) that it's pretty substantial just to run the commission. Salaries, bonuses, offices, office chair replacement and wall painting and decorations every 3 months (or whatever...), cars to get to/from work, insurance, etc. all costs.

they sold "it" (lottery) by saying "it benefits society" as called the "scholarship lottery". I don't know of anyone who's actually gotten a scholarship directly from this so-called lottery, that they could not have gotten otherwise.

Similar to marijuana legalization. The main beneficiaries are those who are "in charge" of regulating it, the employees of the dispensaries, and the leadership who pushed for it.

I worked in the capital for 4 1/2 years during and post high school and boy did I see and learn a lot of things. Enough to cause some distrust and that's all I am gonna say about that. 9 years later, 2012, that feeling of distrust was highlighted even more when the irs held us all up execution style, for nothing. An invalid, illegal detaining in my opinion but you can't fight them--it's like teasing a rattlesnake.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
kinda the way they do it here, supposedly.

They have to pay a lottery commission which is comprised of people who are fairly well paid to run it. Those people get tax money-which comes from, among other things, the moneys from lottery winnings. I haven't looked into what the cost of the commission is, but "I've heard" (we all know how that goes...) that it's pretty substantial just to run the commission. Salaries, bonuses, offices, office chair replacement and wall painting and decorations every 3 months (or whatever...), cars to get to/from work, insurance, etc. all costs.

they sold "it" (lottery) by saying "it benefits society" as called the "scholarship lottery". I don't know of anyone who's actually gotten a scholarship directly from this so-called lottery, that they could not have gotten otherwise.

Similar to marijuana legalization. The main beneficiaries are those who are "in charge" of regulating it, the employees of the dispensaries, and the leadership who pushed for it.

I worked in the capital for 4 1/2 years during and post high school and boy did I see and learn a lot of things. Enough to cause some distrust and that's all I am gonna say about that. 9 years later, 2012, that feeling of distrust was highlighted even more when the irs held us all up execution style, for nothing. An invalid, illegal detaining in my opinion but you can't fight them--it's like teasing a rattlesnake.
All I know is the lottery in my state does pay college scholarships. Both of my sons benefited and received free tuition to a state university.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Are lottery employees completely compensated by using only funds from ticket sales or from tax money from the general public?
If you believe the auditors, the lottery here pays for itself. The information for NY is online. I would have to ask the kid with the CPA to dig deep to get her view.