TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I think this is what you are looking for
Indeed. I missed that when I was looking at KPAD earlier.. I also see my problem with the BX2230 book was the left pane was collapsed for some reason. Still working to understand the new navigation.

So the outlet manifold simply bolts onto the top of the valve and both spools have a fourth position. Something must be jammed in the detent for the boom spool.

Dan

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Indeed. I missed that when I was looking at KPAD earlier.. I also see my problem with the BX2230 book was the left pane was collapsed for some reason. Still working to understand the new navigation.

So the outlet manifold simply bolts onto the top of the valve and both spools have a fourth position. Something must be jammed in the detent for the boom spool.

Dan
The detent cap is probably either partly full of water, oil or the detent assembly is rusted.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The detent cap is probably either partly full of water, oil or the detent assembly is rusted.
I had a problem with my loader valve on my old BX22 and it had a problem with water freezing in the cap. I took the valve off the tractor and drilled a very small hole in the bottom of the cap and that allowed the moisture to drain out. I don't think that it took but 15 minutes to do the modification. Only problem that I ran into was putting the balls back in the correct order. I had posted the question on TBN and got only one reply. This reply might be the reason that is described in the original post. Here is the reply from a TBN member...

I suspect you have the large ball on the wrong side of the small balls… If it went together rather easily, you probably have it wrong, It’s a little difficult to get right but can be done… With that part assembled wrong, you will not be able to move the valve past the down pressure position and into the float position.
There might have been a TSB on this back in the day.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
That was exactly what happened to the one on my LA211. Full of water and completely rusted up.
I drilled a small hole in the new detent assembly to let any water drain out. I also packed some white grease in it to keep it lubricated.