Problem with hydraulics on L3901 w/ BH77

fendley

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, SVL65-2
Dec 31, 2016
St Marys, GA, USA
After driving my L3901 through the back part of my property yesterday, I started having problems with the hydraulics. The bucket curls fine, but the bucket raise only works if I pull the handle pack part way. It only lowers if I go past the normal lower position to float, and then it lowers under its own weight.

None of the controls on the BH works.

Upon investigation, I found a stick had gotten into the BH line, and caused one of the fittings to loosen. I tightened the fitting, and added about half a gallon of SUDT to return the level to the mark.

Power steering seems fine, as done driving in all three ranges (HST), but the hydraulics are not any better. Is there a bleeding procedure, as I thought it should be self-bleeding. I have attempted to cyctle the hydraulics for over 30 minutes with no improvement.

Mike

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
As you been running with sticks, remove and reseat all of your quick connect couplings including the ones on the hoe. Also check that any selector valves you have for FEL/HOE/3pt are correctly orientated.

fendley

Equipment
Dec 31, 2016
St Marys, GA, USA
Have about 85 hours on this, so all of the connections are oriented correctly. When the stick moved the line causing the connection to loosen, it must have caused air to get into the system somehow. I will disconnect and reconnect all fittings, and see if that improves the hydraulics, otherwise I will take to dealer for service.

fendley

Equipment
Dec 31, 2016
St Marys, GA, USA
Bypassing the BH77 restored proper hydraulics to loader and 3PH. Re-connecting the BH and it works properly. Must have slightly unseated one of the connectors, but all is working well now. Thanks for the tip!