Pricing B2650 or wait for Lx2610?

pfab1itb

Apr 4, 2020
buffalo,ny,usa
Hi everyone,

Looking to purchase a new tractor soon. Using tractor for landscaping applications. Moving dirt, tilling and grading. I got a quote for the the following setup.

B2650 HST
R4 tires fluid filled $350
LA534 loader
RTA1258 tiller $2258.00
BB1260 box blade $673.00

18X83 7K trailer $2,650.00
Chains & binders

Total $24,875.00

(Not sure cost of tractor and loader I'm assuming tractor is around 15k and loader is 4k.)

Another option is to wait till 2020 models are out and get the lx2610 with same setup.

Lx series vs B series? Does it matter?

Will it be worth the wait or could I possibly get better pricing b/c of covid19 situation? What do you guys think? Thank you for all your help.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
How long do you anticipate keeping the machine? If resale isn't on the horizon for you (i.e. keeping it 10 years or longer) then I'd go for better pricing on the b2650.

The machines look very similar, a few convenience or comfort changes. Presumably they'll only make as many of the LX as they think they can sell (so not so big discounts), whereas the B2650 already on dealer lots need to be moved. I'd pick a much better price on a B2650 than an LX.

pfab1itb

Apr 4, 2020
buffalo,ny,usa
Thank you for your response. Greatly appreciated.

I plan on keeping it for a long time. Do you think pricing from dealer is good? It is lower and compared to other dealers I've talked to. Nice thing at the moment I can take loan out for 60 months with 0% financing.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
If you look on Tractor House the tiller is at the high side. There is a new one on there for $1899. It seams that TH is mostly on the high side. So $2250 is high.

You also need to look at the trailer carefully. If it is on with the angle iron about a foot high all the way around it would be over priced. Call a couple of trailer shops in your area and you might be able to find a better trailer for the price. Check the build quality and the brand of trailer axles that are on the trailer. Is it two axles and does it include brakes on both axles.

$17175 on TH with HST and loader.

Last edited:

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
If priced similarly I'd go with there newer LX, just because it has a couple little changes. But I'd buy a B2650 if it would save me $1,000+.

Just curious, your applications don't require a mid PTO or cab so have you considered an L2501? It's a wider, heavier, more stable tractor and you may be able to buy one for no more than an LX?

edit: After reading that Kubota USA just sent 2,700 employee home (if you want one for this season) I think I'd grab a B2650 now.

Last edited:

sn0wman72

Nov 16, 2019
Plain, WA
Difficult times at the moment, and for the next several months at least. Stock at the dealer will likely be something that will "needs" to be moved soon. Hence an in stock B2650 could likely be a bargain.

pfab1itb

Apr 4, 2020
buffalo,ny,usa
Trailer has brakes and has double axel. I posted picture of what the dealer sells. I'll have to get more information on monday.

Getting the L2501 was another possibility. Another great tractor. One concern was the weight and if that would ruin lawn doing landscaping. What do you guys think?

Mid pto on b2650 would be nice to have but not necessary. I have a mower to cut grass. For snow removal I would use FEL or possibly get a snow pusher.

Do you guys think L2501 is the better way to go? Appreciate the help everyone.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
If you want and or need a tractor now, I would go with the B2650. With factories closing down, the LX series release may be several months down the road or longer.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
If you want and or need a tractor now, I would go with the B2650. With factories closing down, the LX series release may be several months down the road or longer.
Bingo.

Kubota has closed it's GA assembly plant so the LX series will almost certainly be delayed.

It's Spring, so I would also expect dealers to quickly sell the tractors that they have in inventory.

Unlike the LX3310 replacement for the B3350, the LX2610 is little changed from the B2650. Sheet metal, improved seat, Swift-Tach FEL option and self-leveling FEL option is about the extent of the changes.

If you need a tractor now, buy the 2650 before your dealer sells it to someone else.

SDT

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
If you have work for it now, get the B2650. Great machine. Eek out the best deal you can. You could consider turf tires if you are really concerned about lawns.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Getting the L2501 was another possibility. Another great tractor. One concern was the weight and if that would ruin lawn doing landscaping. What do you guys think?

Do you guys think L2501 is the better way to go? Appreciate the help everyone.
The L is definitely a little heavier, if working on lawns a lot with either one I'd go with turf tires, they also work better in snow than R4's.

I was deciding between an L2501 or B2650 and went with the B in order to run the 72" mmm because it could be my lawn mower and everything else tractor. What I first discovered was it took too long to mow because I had to go pretty slow over my rough ground, so ended up with a 60 ZTR which mows much better and faster.
The tractor now was limited to FEL, grapple, and rear blade work. Over rough areas some of which had been logged so somewhat rutted, or on slopes, I discovered the B2650 could be somewhat tippy. I considered just buying 2" spacers and trying to sell my expensive 72" mower deck. Stopped at a dealer to look into spacers but as I recall Kubota only offered maybe 1", or 1 1/2" ones. But while there looked at the L2501 and measured the outside width rear tire track and compared to the B2650 and there was a substantial difference, I want to say the L2501 was a good 6" wider while being about the same ground clearance. Also just comparing the two tractors the L was more basic but was also beefier all around; rear end, front axle, larger motor, etc.
Long story short I sold my B2650 complete with its mmm then bought an L2501, which has now just turned 50 hours. I'm happy with my decision, for MY use the L is a better tractor, the loader (while rated about the same) lifts a little more and seems stronger, the arms don't flex nearly as much with off balance loads. The B would just lift its 60" bucket heaped full with stone, the L just lifts its larger 66" bucket heaped with stone. The big difference was stability, where the B with one wheel in a rut felt like it wanted to roll over the L does not, same with heaping an unbalanced load in the grapple up on top of a pile.

pfab1itb

Apr 4, 2020
buffalo,ny,usa
Thanks for all your great responses! Mid PTO I'm thinking I really dont need it. Snow thrower would be nice but expensive. I can use bucket or get a snow pusher for snow removal. I like the features of the b2650 but like the build of the L2501. I think L2501 is a little more capable. I just wish the loader joystick was placed like the b2650. I dont think it will make that much of a difference. Dealer came back with pricing and l2501 was couple hundred more. I'm thinking L2501 might be the right choice. Hopefully they will negotiate on price a little.

pfab1itb

Apr 4, 2020
buffalo,ny,usa
Just a thought... I was thinking of loading my own tires or is it better to have dealer just do it at time of sale?

kubotus maximus

Equipment
L2501hst
Mar 12, 2019
iowa
I got my 2501 this time last year 70hrs on it now and love it. Dealer couldn't find one here so ordered it new from factory. You'll be amazed what it is capable of.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Just a thought... I was thinking of loading my own tires or is it better to have dealer just do it at time of sale?

Depends upon what you plan to put inside.

One can fill with WWF without special equipment but beet juice is another matter. Have your dealer do it if you must have it.

SDT

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
.... I think L2501 is a little more capable. I just wish the loader joystick was placed like the b2650. I dont think it will make that much of a difference....
IMO the loader control placement is just fine on the Lxx01's, and I believe right with the loader valve, so no connecting linkage. The loader control really works smoothly. Be sure to have a third function installed!

pfab1itb

Apr 4, 2020
buffalo,ny,usa
Update.. I talked to dealer and this is what I can get. Any input on purchase would be great. Thanks everyone for your help! Greatly appreciated!

L2501 HST R14T
fluid in rear tires
LA525 loader
RTA1258 tiller
BB1260 box blade
18x83x7Ktrailer/w chains & binders

$24,500.00

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Looks like a nice setup to me. Those are the tires I would have gotten had they been available.

But given the above I'll just ask why are you filling them? You can probably order a Titan ballast box for no more money than the liquid tire ballast costs and the ballast box will be more effective at countering the FEL than liquid tires. Of course you can use your box blade as your counter weight but a ballast box is more compact plus it holds your rake and shovel.
And the tractor isn't burdened with the weight of filled tires when you don't need or want the weight, such as if landscaping with a rake or pulling a rear blade, pulling a mower or RC especially up hill. Not to mention the mess and hassle involved dealing with a puncture in a filled tire.

https://www.palletforks.com/3-point...1-tractor-attachment/191431.html?lang=default

If you anticipate getting something for the front which would require a hydraulic connection like a grapple or hydraulic angled snowplow, you might want to let the dealer install a third function when they're setting up the tractor, Land Pride offers a kit. If you don't anticipate needing it then don't add it now because they're not cheap, maybe $700, and it could be added later.

If you want to see if the dealer might bend just a bit you could ask them to include two little extras which I ended up having to buy after the fact; the missing right grab handle and the bucket level indicator which probably total around $150.

Last edited:

pfab1itb

Apr 4, 2020
buffalo,ny,usa
Thats a great point about not getting tires filled. I think I'll hold off on that. I guess I could just do that my self later. Ballast box would be better option like you pointed out. I think I was quoted like 250-300 for filled tires.

The r14 tires unfortunately are not in stock. From what I've been told it seems that the r4's are a longer lasting tire then r14s. Would the wait be worth it? 3 weeks for r14s to come in.

3rd function is would be great to have but at the moment I don't have any use for it. If I plow snow I would get a snow pusher or just use bucket.