Press is reporting..... (not about tractors or a virus)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You forget there are a lot of touchy feely kinds of people that vote that have watched to many Disney movies, and have never been hungry

Reactions: 3 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You forget there are a lot of touchy feely kinds of people that vote that have watched to many Disney movies, and have never been hungry

We need to be cognizant of BAP's feelings. He don't want any off topic conversations on here because they aren't tractor related., so lets tread lightly so BAP don't get butt hurt...... Just say'in... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
After watching a few episodes of "Alone" I am pretty convinced, horse meat could be spectacular.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Hey Flip, I have to use my tractor to get feed for them critters. Then I need the bucket to relocate the processed hay!

I have pretty a veterinarian and assistant to work on them also. It's all tractor related.

Attachments

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
After watching a few episodes of "Alone" I am pretty convinced, horse meat could be spectacular.
It's all in the dinner atmosphere and the friends at the table. My Dad was in northern Italy dug in & winter time fighting the Nazis and hadn't had a hot meal in awhile . Some artillery had just been brought up by mules & the Kraughts did thier own barrage killing one of the mules. They cut it up & cooked it, he said was the best meal he had ever ate

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I had a customer here from Ohio picking up an order and farming and Ontario came up and he had a farm near him that bred and raised Large horses he said. All of them went across the boarder to Canada sold for prime cuts. He said the guy had changed the bred over the years to get the most lbs and $$ for what he sold there.
Odd to us Americans but not to Pierre.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I had a customer here from Ohio picking up an order and farming and Ontario came up and he had a farm near him that bred and raised Large horses he said. All of them went across the boarder to Canada sold for prime cuts. He said the guy had changed the bred over the years to get the most lbs and $$ for what he sold there.
Odd to us Americans but not to Pierre.
Also odd to some of us EH sayers on the east coast.

flyguy

Equipment
Ford 8N, MF 210 4, Kubota B7599 w / 272 FEL
Aug 20, 2020
Zwolle La
Almost all humans are carnivores and as they are at the top of the food chain other creatures are fair "game" ! Hard times demand solutions that aren't smiled on by those who don't have to worry about their next meal. What is not pc is the theft of animals that belong to someone else. The penalties should be jail thieves who aren't doing it because their families are starving but to line their pockets with the property of someone else.
Horse meat consumption isn't new

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
humans are carnivores and as they are at the top of the food chain
That depends whose chain you are on. If it is Bears, Wolves, Big cats of all kinds, and large fish ie Sharks as well as a bunch of sea critters you are on the main course, with or with out gravy :)

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
many hobby farmers in this area have had horses, then got tired of the amount of work/time that they require and it's extremely common to find free horses. Most are in bad shape.

There's a guy I know that will pick them up and he butchers them. There's others that actually rehab them and he does a great job!

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
In all my years I have never seen or heard of any horse meat for sale. There is a pretty strong horse culture out west (farming, riding, rodeos, pets). While most Canada does seem to align with the US, we do live in a "multicultural" society - eating horses might be more acceptable in some segments of the multi part.