Power Loss

ZD326S

Aug 19, 2017
Owensburg, Indiana
Have you checked the fuel tank vent lines? Really common for dirt to stop them up causing similar symptoms.
Yes and will periodically check - Thanks.
An update the tractor performed wonderfully cutting hay with the disc mower. No problems whatsoever and very happy how things turned out. At the onset I never would of suspected the clutch free travel. The tractor is a 2005 with 1165 hours.

Reactions: 1 user

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
My Deere 955 compact has a fuel cap with a slightly covered vent hole in the center. When it was around 5 or 6 years old, I started mowing and as soon as I engaged the PTO the engine would start to bog down. I drove it back to the barn and found a mud dauber had built a nest on top of the cap sealing the vent. Not sure whether the insect really liked the smell of diesel and wanted to be next to it or hated the smell and decided to seal it.

Reactions: 1 user

Andrew P. Kentucky

Equipment
BX2680
Aug 25, 2022
Walton, Kentucky
Simple diagram of possible causes. Does not include fuel tank vent clog or other fuel system leaks
image001.png

Compressed air into fuel tank from hose leading to Filter #1 can also help remove any restrictions in the fuel tank screen. Make sure the fuel tank cap is removed before blowing compressed air into tank.
Also, if adding the water separator upgrade (Kubota OEM Part, 15521-43015 Filter, Fuel Assy ), recommend placing WS between 12V lift pump and Filter#2.

Last edited: