Power loss

Jeffrey Kimbel

Equipment
Bx2360
May 22, 2021
I have a bx2360, 2 actually. One mows like a Ferrari, but the other looses power terribly when under a load since I got it 4 yrs ago. I’ve checked changed and cleaned from the tank to the governor. Where can I get info/video/advice on adjusting/repairing the governor? Engine is great, but I believe that has been “tinkered” with by the previous owner. HELP???!

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Before I give you any info let me first give you a big caution:

forum BX2360 caution note.jpg

Few people have the specialized tools to do this work without making engine performance worse or even destroying the engine.

I offer the following to you not as a "How to do it" but rather geeze I did not realize how complicated these engines are.

forum BX2360 injection pump.jpg

forum BX2360 injection timing.jpg

forum BX2360 compression test.jpg

forum BX2360 compression.jpg

I suggest you put your efforts to checking valve clearances and engine compression.

If the compression is low after setting valve clearances .........................

Dave

Jeffrey Kimbel

Equipment
Bx2360
May 22, 2021
Before I give you any info let me first give you a big caution:

View attachment 60369
Few people have the specialized tools to do this work without making engine performance worse or even destroying the engine.

I offer the following to you not as a "How to do it" but rather geeze I did not realize how complicated these engines are.

View attachment 60370
View attachment 60371
View attachment 60372
View attachment 60374

I suggest you put your efforts to checking valve clearances and engine compression.

If the compression is low after setting valve clearances .........................

Dave
Valves n comp are good as well. I’m going to the dealership. I’ve got the tools, but not the time. I’m positive that the previous owner or a tech did this. Slap a new one n smile through the $pain$ Thankyou sir