Power and Weight

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Here's my scrap material / freebie work in progress. Found a drum that appealed to me because it was smooth-sided without the customary rings around it. The vertical PVC pipes tie into a horizontal PVC pipe header. That way if something other than tool handles goes down into the pipes it can easily be cleared from the bottom.

It's at our shop awaiting leftover concrete now. Plans are to attach a bracket for an SMV sign after the pour with small concrete anchors. Probably something for a chain as well. View attachment 47580 View attachment 47581
Fill it with pee rock and you do not have to mix all that concrete. Two thumbs up.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Fill it with pee rock and you do not have to mix all that concrete. Two thumbs up.
At work we pour concrete site lighting bases, so no cost and no mixing:) The concrete is delivered to us by a vendor. There is always some excess. Gives the guys a place to get rid of it.

You see these bases sticking up in parking lots with lighting pole bolted to them. We do 18" and 24" diameter and from 4' to 9'-6" tall.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
SMV decal would be easier

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
The loaded tires and wheel weights are to add traction to the rear wheels. This is often needed in these smaller tractors. The weight hung off of the three point hitch is needed as a counter weight for the front end loader. The loaded tires and wheel weights will help with the stability of the tractor with or without a FEL. However the counter weight allows the tractor to transfer the weight from the front axle to the rear axle. Since the rear axle does not pivot like the front axle this makes the tractor more stable and thus safer to use. This also will reduce the wear and tear on the parts of the front axle. The counter weight should always be used if you are using the FEL for heavy work even if the loaded tires and wheel weights are on the tractor.
I agree that a rear mounted counter weight is required for loader work to make the tractor more stable and lessen the wear and tear on the front axle. Even though I have had an attachment on the rear of my tractor 99% of the time I still had to rebuild both sides of the front axle at about 1500 hours.