PLACES ON BUCKET FOR ATTATCHING LIFT CHAIN

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I've seen the bolt on attachment's for chains. Seems they are usually on the top of the bucket. For my use it seems attachments points would be better on the bottom lip of the bucket. Am I out in left field or what?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Either place can work, but I think you need to pay attention to what’s strong. I’m planning to put hooks on top because my bucket is reinforced on top and that’s where I’m welding over the loader cylinders.

I will make a short length of chain to go between the hooks and attach a slide type hook in the middle, and cover the “bridle” with tubular nylon for each section.

Sorry, no pictures yet. I’ve been mowing, but hopefully tomorrow or the next since it’s supposed to rain.

Reactions: 1 user

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Why double post - you already had a lift chain location post going. This makes it a real pain for people to follow threads of interest as you get bifurcated discussions.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Could not find the old one///
Happens to me occasionally.
Click on "You" or your avatar at the top of the page. (in that dark bar with the various titles)
When your profile comes up, click on "Latest Activity" and you will see all your recent posts.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
You can hook anywhere just keep in mind the further you are from the pins the less lift you have. I actually move dirt in my bucket so a hook on the lower lip doesn't make sense for me.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
You can hook anywhere just keep in mind the further you are from the pins the less lift you have. I actually move dirt in my bucket so a hook on the lower lip doesn't make sense for me.
I have wondered if back side of bucket as close to pins as possible with a supporting piece inside back bucket wall would maximize lift ability? Might be a little less convenient to hook up, but probably gives max capacity. In the end I just have been using the face of my fork lift when I need to max lift.

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
I have wondered if back side of bucket as close to pins as possible with a supporting piece inside back bucket wall would maximize lift ability? Might be a little less convenient to hook up, but probably gives max capacity. In the end I just have been using the face of my fork lift when I need to max lift.
The thing is, if your draping your chains up and over the bucket, your lever point is moving forward away from the pins. You'd be losing your advantage then.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
The thing is, if your draping your chains up and over the bucket, your lever point is moving forward away from the pins. You'd be losing your advantage then.
Yup - I was thinking of uses where it is a deadlift from under the bucket - but you are obviously correct if you needed chains out front.

Last edited:

Nodlenor

Equipment
BX2380 w/loader, tiller, blade, dirt scoup, & Woods 5' 3 pt. mower.
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
IMG_1584.JPG

I put mine in line with the cylinder. That is where I was told it should be. It's on a BX2380. I don't intend to try to lift very heavy things with it so I hope it works out ok.