Piranha Tooth Bar-On the way.....

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
After much reading on here I have finally bit the bullet and placed my order for a piranha tooth bar for my L4600. Cost to my front door is $395.82.

I will be using it soon as the water table drops below ground level to make a new ditch around the north side of my property. I will use the FEl with the tooth bar to layoff the ditch and then finish off the ditch with a blade to smooth things out and level the dirt.

Looking forward to using it as many here have eluded to it being a great addition to a FEL.

Thanks for your time and any pointers or tips you may have on mounting or use.

I'll upload pics once installed.

Jay

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
best $400 bucks you'll spend on the ol girl!

Got to have pictures!!!!

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Just for giggles, and a lot of appreciation for money well spent, take a few scoops of dirt without the Piranha, than bolt it on and compare the difference. It will put a smile on your face

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Creature Meadow, I look forward to hearing what you think about the tooth bar. I got one for my L3901DT and I like it for clearing brush, but I don't know if I'm that impressed with its digging. I'm working in some really hard red clay and I haven't had a lot of time to work with it yet. I do like the fact that you can still level when back dragging with it since it is flat on the bottom.

Here is mine on the bucket.

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
The ONLY issue I have had with mine is that on the BX, it often allows you to take a bigger bite than the tractor can actually handle.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
installation was easy, I bought the step bit from them to drill the holes. You just have to bang the pbar in place with a lump hammer and a piece of wood as not to mar the sharp edges, to insure a tight even fit all around when marking for the drill spots.

It cuts nice into roots and I tore up a few thorn bushes with it. I also used it for backdragging and leveled out some hard spots with ease. No regrets on the purchase. Enjoy.

Attachments

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Creature Meadow, I look forward to hearing what you think about the tooth bar. I got one for my L3901DT and I like it for clearing brush, but I don't know if I'm that impressed with its digging. I'm working in some really hard red clay and I haven't had a lot of time to work with it yet. I do like the fact that you can still level when back dragging with it since it is flat on the bottom.

Here is mine on the bucket.

I don't plan to dig a lot with it, after finish the ditch that will only average about 18" deep I will use it mostly for maintenance around the property cleaning up privet bushes that have nearly taken over around all the edges. the big ones I pull up and burn. My new plan with this I can grab the 2" to 4" ones and push them out of the ground roots and all. Getting on and off tractor wrapping straps and chains around all them is not very efficient.

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
It never fails to impress. Two co-workers purchased one for their tractors after seeing mine. I also bought a ROPS tool box mount from bxpanded. The digging capability has allowed me to fix a many a pot hole at my camp.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have been using mine to dig up big rocks in my yard. The bar digs like a champ and it also cuts through roots fairly well. It sounds like you will be happy with your purchase. It should perform well for the tasks you intend to use it for.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Tooth bar is in but baby girl has been under the weather so install was delayed until tonight.

If all goes well will upload some pics tonight.

Jay

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Just installed tooth bar and a couple of new swivel hooks to bucket. Nice day here in NC for January.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Will have to wait until rain stops to give it a try, soggy afternoon.
Cw,

when you get a chance - find a spot and point the new teeth straight down, then raise the front end off the ground a bit - slowly wiggle the bucket forward-backwards.......you'll find that it will lower itself into the soil allowing a nice clean break if up against a solid edge or if you want to dig a multipass trench - the standard bucket is limited due to the straight constant edge.;)

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Cw,

when you get a chance - find a spot and point the new teeth straight down, then raise the front end off the ground a bit - slowly wiggle the bucket forward-backwards.......you'll find that it will lower itself into the soil allowing a nice clean break if up against a solid edge or if you want to dig a multipass trench - the standard bucket is limited due to the straight constant edge.;)
Will do, looking forward to trying it out.

Travel this week for work so may be next weekend as it is suppose to rain tomorrow as well.