Piranha Tooth Bar - disadvantages?

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Guys-

I have been noticing that my BX25 bucket has become really worn it its 300+ hours of use. I really dont need the Piranha bar for digging or ripping as I now just use my loader as a carry all and for material handling.

That said, do they make just a cutting edge I can bolt on to save the bucket? Or should I just get the Piranha?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Received my Piranha this past week and installed it on Monday. Took around 30 minutes. Very impressed with the ease at which it cuts through sod as well as digging in to a standing dirt pile. Played with it for a couple hours in the dirt and moving stone around my driveway. I see the concern with leaving the bucket slightly up and catching a shin on it. I'm sure I will forget at least once.

A question to others using this product, do you add weight (front or back) to give you more traction? I had my box blade on for weight but even then, felt like a bit more down force on the tires would be nice.

Attachments

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
When using my loader I use a carryall I built, the buckets have 80#'s each in them, seems to counter balance the tractor well. If I need more I add another bucket or less remove them.

Attachments

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Hey Creature.

I like the tool box...is it permanently attached? It looks like it may be in the way of the upper link. I'm wanting to do something other than that little one under the seat and yours looks right to me....just not sure how I want to mount it yet.

suttontj115

Nov 10, 2017
US
I now have a 2650 with a LA534 loader. Does anyone know the correct size for the loader that I have? I get two different measurements. Without the reinforcing plate in the loer corner of the loader it is 58-1/2 with the reinforcing plates it is 58- /8

My Piranha that I had on my BX did all I wanted it to do and more. That is why I am looking at a bar for my new tractor
Look at this pic. From bxpand web site

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
When using my loader I use a carryall I built, the buckets have 80#'s each in them, seems to counter balance the tractor well. If I need more I add another bucket or less remove them.

I have not had time to build a carryall box on the rear. Maybe a good winter project. Looking at what people have done here and on YouTube, I have lots of ideas. I would like to incorporate a shelf on the back wall, outside the box to carry my bar oil and saw gas as well. Would be nice to have some brackets to hang or store couple chains for pulling logs too but I digress, back to the post.

I ended up ballasting my tires a few weekends back to help with the weight issue when trying to scrape soil with my Piranha tooth bar. Sadly we have been in monsoon season since I did this and I haven't made it back out to move more dirt. I will be hooking up my box blade for a bit more weight as well.

Reading all these posts makes me realize I need to get an outbuilding up sooner rather than later.