PB question

jsully

Equipment
B3200
May 13, 2020
Soquel, Ca.
Hello, I hope that this isn't too dumb of a question......
I have a B3200 and had a top n tilt added to it a year ago. Now I am thinking of adding a 3rd function kit. Do I need to tee off the PB? My top n tilt is already attached to the PB. Thanks for any and all advise.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
No Tee'ing off of pressure lines (including PB) allowed in Open Center hydraulic systems.

Do I understand you to be saying the Top & Tilt is getting power from the loader PB port?

PB devices need to be plumbed in series with the pressure liine.

Does your Top & Tilt control valve have provision for PB?

Dave

jsully

Equipment
B3200
May 13, 2020
Soquel, Ca.
No Tee'ing off of pressure lines (including PB) allowed in Open Center hydraulic systems.

Do I understand you to be saying the Top & Tilt is getting power from the loader PB port?

PB devices need to be plumbed in series with the pressure liine.

Does your Top & Tilt control valve have provision for PB?

Dave
Dave,
The top and tilt was installed aftermarket by my Kubota dealer. I believe they installed it by using the PB port. Now I am thinking of adding a 3rd. function and it also looks like it needs to be connected to the PB port. Is there a separate PB port for the FEL? I am mechanically inclined but, am a novice with hydraulics.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Did your tractor have any rear remotes before the top and tilt was installed?

How many lines connect to your loader valve? 6 or 7

Which make and model 3rd function do you want to install.

Dave

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Think of Power Beyond as the interstate, and extra valves; such as your top and tilt as exits. You can add more exits off the interstate road. Just do it one after another.

Your top-n-tilt valve has Power Beyond coming out it, just insert the new valve after the TnT.

From this:
Pump >> FEL >> TnT >> 3ph
To this:
Pump >> FEL >> TnT >> 3rd function kit >> 3ph

watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTH-KpP3gO8

jsully

Equipment
B3200
May 13, 2020
Soquel, Ca.
So I was finally able to trace everything and with the info from you guys..... I feel like I now understand. I really appreciate it.