Parenting skills

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
My Wifey-Poo and I were not so blessed to have kids the "Normal" way. We are in the process of Fostering to Adopt a 7 year old girl and her 6 year old brother. They already know real tractors are Orange. The boy has already said "Look at that fake tractor" while pointing at a green one. When he says that I say "Thats my boy". The girl has said "There's one like yours" They almost almost treat looking for Kubota Tractors like the "slug bug" game trying to find them first. I have already tought them like Eric says in his tag line "Crops are green and tractors are ORANGE" This parent thing isn't so bad :D

Now if I could only master the bed time thing ;)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
YEP its all fun and games now but some day one if not both of them are going to want the keys to your tractor. And not long after that keys to your truck!!!

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Good on you Bro, My hat is off to you and the misses!!

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Looks like you have fun with your kids. Regarding the bedtime-thing is Tomke also trying to get her extra time. We figured out it's the best thing to be strikt and let her be angry or loud for a few minutes. In the end she sleeps when she has realized that her play does not work out.
Yeah, its hard to love your kids and at the same time get them organized. :rolleyes:
I don't know what will work for you, but we allways try to figure out what the real problem is, when she acts 'strange'. At the moment for example she 'ask' for more attention because of her new brother.
Most of the time when there is trouble in the air, it's better to go one step back and reduce your own emotions and analyze the situation. :p

Have fun.

der carl

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new family. A good friend at work and his wife had to go this route and have three children; great family and couldn't be happier.

Kids are too unique for me to offer any advice other than to always let them know no matter what, you will always be there and love them unconditionally.

We often keep our grandchildren and we still don't have the answers on an uneventful bed time transition. Kids are like "force multipliers" in that the addition of each additional unit, their effect is disproportionate to their actual numbers.:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Indeed it takes a very special kind of person to do that,, Im sure there will be a special place in heaven for you guys:D

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
It's wonderful that you are doing foster care.
We have three the 'natural' way, and have fostered many children with difficulties over the years. The first one moved in at 9 months in 1979, he is still with us. He is in a wheelchair, and totally dependant, but loves the kubota. Another young lady with us calls the tractor her 'pugger'. Because of her disabilities she will never be able to drive it but loves to get a ride.
I have a great-grandchild on the way (I'm not supposed to know its a boy) and still have not got bed time figured out.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Wow.....I almost forgot about this thread.

Here is the update.

In April of this year we were able to adopt our kids. My Daughter is 8 and is in the 3rd grade and my Son is 7 and is in the 2nd grade. I am sure most of you have heard of that show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" Well at this point I'm doubting my ability of making it past the 3rd grade. Both of my kids are uber smart. They have quickly became my whole life and I could not be happier. They are loving, kind, respectful, helpful and the best part they love me :D

I can honestly say this parent/family thing is AWESOME.

dkc923

Equipment
m7060 cab, b2601, kx080-4, l305
Oct 11, 2013
South Louisiana
Congrats man thats awesome I have a 1 year old little girl and she is my whole world, dont know what I ever did without her!!

Ironhorse

Equipment
BX25D, Piranha tooth bar, Landpride chipper, LP PHD
Aug 9, 2013
Montana
Ditto Kubota Man and DKC923. My little Kubota lover is 2 and I have to tear myself from one to play with the other.

But now you've done it. I'm going to have to figure out how to post a picture of the two of them.

Ironhorse

Equipment
BX25D, Piranha tooth bar, Landpride chipper, LP PHD
Aug 9, 2013
Montana
Ditto Kubota Man and DKC923. My little Kubota lover is 2 and I have to tear myself from one to play with the other.

But now you've done it. I'm going to have to figure out how to post a picture of the two of them.
Done. In photo albums.