Paint and Rust

Trail

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, 60" Deck, Rear Blade
Dec 11, 2016
Wisconsin
I have some rust on the floor of my BX under the mat. Can someone offer suggestions on how to repair this, or point me to a resource? Everything I’m seeing is for cars / trucks.

I’m not too concerned about how it looks, and more just want a practical repair. Not sure if I just sand down and paint, or need some sort of epoxy like you’d have on a car repair.

Also, any experience with using truck bed liner spray in this area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Another tread running on here about that. I removed the floor plates on my M9 open station and sandblasted them and then repainted them with the correct color but mine has a floormat atop of the floor plates.

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
I had the same issue on my BX1800. I just sanded the rust back - not completely off, just clean and smooth. Then, I primed it with Rustoleum Rust Reformer. After 24 hours, I spray painted with Kubota OEM paint. 2 years later, it seems to still look great and I have no rust issues. I don't have a paint gun or booth, so this seemed to be the easiest "home" solution for me.

By the way, none of the rust was through the metal on my tractor. It may have some small pits (which didn't worry me as it is under a rubber mat), but nothing was through the metal.

Last edited:

Trail

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, 60" Deck, Rear Blade
Dec 11, 2016
Wisconsin
Thank you for all these suggestions. I appreciate it. Either way it sounds like this should be fairly simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mondo

Equipment
L355ss, back blade, bush hog
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
Try (Navel Jelly) neutralizer for rust. clean surface first, After applying and drying it turns black then sand and paint over it.

Reactions: 1 user

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
Corroseal

I have used this on my 68 Mustang to get rid of rust, also most of my newer cars and trucks. I get it at Homedepot. I also use it in a spray bottle, or just an old paint brush. Take off the loose rust paint or spray this on, and forget about it. You can paint right over the top of this stuff.

http://www.corroseal.com

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
I checked out the YouTube vids on Penetrol. Looks impressive. I'll give it a shot.
Thanks razmus