Old B 9200 putting in food plots

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
B2601 is the closest in dimensions and weight. Has more HP so you would feel invincible while mowing.

Reactions: 1 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
This is the toughest little tractor! Getting old though. I wonder what the equivalent new model would be?
You obviously know how to use it. Nice looking field.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A B9200 is actually the size and class and weight of a L2501 / 02.

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Is your tractor getting old because of years, or hours?

Just curious. How many hours do you have on it?

Big tooth

Equipment
B 9200 DT
Jul 17, 2023
Grand Marsh, Wi
You obviously know how to use it. Nice looking field.
This is what it looks like when the turnips come in
Is your tractor getting old because of years, or hours?

Just curious. How many hours do you have on it?
the hour meter has a little over 900, but it could have rolled over, I’m not the original Owner.
My primary concern is about the age of the tractor it is 33-37 years old. I rely heavily on it for our property. If it were to break, have a major failure, it might be hard to repair it.

Attachments

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
I totally understand it. If you can't get parts, you're in trouble.

A friend of mine had an old Massey Fergurson 210 tractor that was sitting up on his property. He was going to let me have it for a great price.

After researching that model, I discovered that a lot of the parts I would need to bring it back to life were out of production and hard, if not impossible to find.

In the end I passed.

Big tooth

Equipment
B 9200 DT
Jul 17, 2023
Grand Marsh, Wi
I’ve owned it for a little over 3years, maintain it well and honestly , it runs great!
it’s a gear drive , tons of torque , but my biggest fears are the clutch and hydro pump.
the clutch engages close to the top of the travel, it’s been adjusted, and the pump has cavitation when it’s really cold out.

other than those concerns, it’s all good.
being old has its upsides to though, a scratch here or there doing work, doesn’t really matter.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A brief overview to remove the loader you use the arms that are by the steering wheel holding the loader towers steady to go through the "C" brackets on the side of the loader bucket. Remove the two threaded pins at the front of the tractor frame. Remove the nut with lever on the loader tower bases.

That is a good reliable tractor. You can spend 20K to buy a new on or 2K and have everything needing attention replaced!

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I might be biased , :) , but comparing weight, 4 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive the L2501 comes in just about 1000 pounds heavier, add the loaders and buckets to both tractors and the weight difference is closer to 1300 to 1400 lbs.

Big tooth

Equipment
B 9200 DT
Jul 17, 2023
Grand Marsh, Wi
A brief overview to remove the loader you use the arms that are by the steering wheel holding the loader towers steady to go through the "C" brackets on the side of the loader bucket. Remove the two threaded pins at the front of the tractor frame. Remove the nut with lever on the loader tower bases.

That is a good reliable tractor. You can spend 20K to buy a new on or 2K and have everything needing attention replaced!
thanks D2,
I think the bucket has been swapped out, doesn’t have the C rackets you mention.
I could weld some on though.
Do you know what the other two “bars” are for? They are mounted on the inside of the left loader arm?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I’ve owned it for a little over 3years, maintain it well and honestly , it runs great!
it’s a gear drive , tons of torque , but my biggest fears are the clutch and hydro pump.
the clutch engages close to the top of the travel, it’s been adjusted, and the pump has cavitation when it’s really cold out.

being old has its upsides to though, a scratch here or there doing work, doesn’t really matter.
A clutch replacement isn't extremely difficult, if care is taken to get the throwout bearing right.

Your hydraulic issue could be o-rings and hose sections in the suction line leaking. Its pretty common on Kubota's that old.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
thanks D2,
I think the bucket has been swapped out, doesn’t have the C rackets you mention.
I could weld some on though.
Do you know what the other two “bars” are for? They are mounted on the inside of the left loader arm?
The two bars you're talking about, do they have a square end on one and flat plate on the other? If so. those go in the hole at the bottom of the loader towers to hold that end up during storage.

Big tooth

Equipment
B 9200 DT
Jul 17, 2023
Grand Marsh, Wi
The two bars you're talking about, do they have a square end on one and flat plate on the other? If so. those go in the hole at the bottom of the loader towers to hold that end up during storage.
I’ll take some pics and post them in a few days,your description of them sounds right.

Jugtown

Equipment
B9200, B2710, Iseki G174
Oct 31, 2019
Asbury, NJ, USA
I also have a B9200, I'm at least the third owner. Hour meter is at 989 hrs so I'm sure it's been over at least once. Mine is hydro, but in 2020 it came to a stop while brush hogging. Thought it was in the trans.
After investigation I was sure it was the clutch. When I split it I found the splines clutch disc completely gone and drive shaft splines extremely worn.
Some prior owner(s) obviously rode it hard, maybe no slip clutch on a mower or rototiller.
My local Kubota dealer order all the parts I needed for about $1300. I figured that was worth it since the back hoe was off it at the time and there was no way to move the BH with the 9200 running.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Those 2 models(The B2601 and B9200)are within ONE inch of each other and if I remember correctly within 200 pounds. So maybe like trucks everything has gotten bigger(1995 Chevy Silverado 1500 Reg/LB and 2016 Chevy Colorado CC/LB are about the same size. Wait, I just remembered that the Whopper is actually gotten smaller. Now I remember Whopper Wednesday and getting 5 Whopper's for 5 bucks.

• Haha

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
This is what it looks like when the turnips come in

the hour meter has a little over 900, but it could have rolled over, I’m not the original Owner.
My primary concern is about the age of the tractor it is 33-37 years old. I rely heavily on it for our property. If it were to break, have a major failure, it might be hard to repair it.
Looks great. Hard to replace it for anywhere near what you have in it if it meets your needs. If it does what you need it to do, be a lot cheaper to spend a little on a second machine as a parts/donor unit for the inevitable vs buying new. It would not have the new tractor smell, but if does the work you need not sure you get much in terms of capability for 20k compared to what you have already. Just my $.02. For what you would get to sell or trade on vs buying new, Id keep what you have and then have two machines. Not my money or anything but I think its value in terms of capability is way more than what you could sell or replace it for. That’s a great machine you have IMO.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Those 2 parts are readily available to be able to repair, but parts like front end hard parts and transmission and rear end parts are getting tougher by the day!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I might be biased , :) , but comparing weight, 4 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive the L2501 comes in just about 1000 pounds heavier, add the loaders and buckets to both tractors and the weight difference is closer to 1300 to 1400 lbs.
Those 2 models(The B2601 and B9200)are within ONE inch of each other and if I remember correctly within 200 pounds. So maybe like trucks everything has gotten bigger(1995 Chevy Silverado 1500 Reg/LB and 2016 Chevy Colorado CC/LB are about the same size. Wait, I just remembered that the Whopper is actually gotten smaller. Now I remember Whopper Wednesday and getting 5 Whopper's for 5 bucks.
Yea it's more of a build difference, than it is a size and weight difference.
The B8200 and the B9200 were built much better / stronger than newer b's in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users