Offset Flail Mower Recommendation for L3800???

David54

Equipment
Kubota L3800
May 24, 2024
Sunbury, OH
I have an L3800 and have been using a 6-foot rotary cutter at my hunting cabin to mow food plots and keep trails open. I am not real happy with the results and the hassle of dragging that big thing around behind me. My land is very hilly and sometimes it increases my pucker factor with the weight hanging out there. I'd also like to trailer it back to my house for mowing, but it barely fits on the trailer I have.
So, I'm thinking of upgrading to a flail mower. I'd like one with a manual offset to use on trails. I've been reading online reviews and watching videos, and it seems Del Morino makes a 62 inch wide mower with a manual offset that would fit nicely with my L3800. Del Morino mowers seem to get good reviews on this and other websites, and I was wondering if anyone had experiences they could share on their manual offset models. I think Betsco makes a manual offset model too, but their website says they are out of stock. Anyone know other brands I should consider?
I would appreciate any advice those with more experience could offer me. Thank you very much.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have an L3800 and have been using a 6-foot rotary cutter at my hunting cabin to mow food plots and keep trails open. I am not real happy with the results and the hassle of dragging that big thing around behind me. My land is very hilly and sometimes it increases my pucker factor with the weight hanging out there. I'd also like to trailer it back to my house for mowing, but it barely fits on the trailer I have.
So, I'm thinking of upgrading to a flail mower. I'd like one with a manual offset to use on trails. I've been reading online reviews and watching videos, and it seems Del Morino makes a 62 inch wide mower with a manual offset that would fit nicely with my L3800. Del Morino mowers seem to get good reviews on this and other websites, and I was wondering if anyone had experiences they could share on their manual offset models. I think Betsco makes a manual offset model too, but their website says they are out of stock. Anyone know other brands I should consider?
I would appreciate any advice those with more experience could offer me. Thank you very much.
I have a Del Morino Centurion Super 158 that I'm happy with. I ordered it in March of 2022 and received it in April of 2022. It has hydraulic offset and a rotating cutting head. One of the things that's striking about flail mowers is how easy it is to turn the cutting drum by hand just by rotating the pulleys. It doesn't take much effort to run those things at all compared to rotary cutters that have a lot more mass to get up to speed. They're also a lot quieter than rotary cutters and do a better job of mulching.

Take a look at Good Works Tractor Co. if you're serious about buying a flail. Courtney is a really good guy and will take care of you. Del Morino makes quality stuff with different tiers of products depending on the application. I don't think that the model I have is commercial grade or anything, but really good for small farms or homeowners with some property to take care of.

mx6000_dm_20.jpg

mx6000_dm_15.jpg

mx6000_dm_13.jpg

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
To get 'serious' offset I think you are going to need a serious tractor. My L3800 with the hydraulic offset Woodmax FM-62H.
20230829_151148.jpg

Not so nice and shiny anymore :) I have 3" spacers and I can still feel the change when I offset it all the way. Yes I wish it had more offset but I don't think my tractor could handle it.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
To get 'serious' offset I think you are going to need a serious tractor.
The Del Morino Centurion Super 158 I have weighs 820lb and I have no problem at all with it all the way extended but my MX is fairly heavy with wheel weights and liquid ballast.

Courtney showed the Del Morino Super 132 on his YouTube channel recently. It weighs 573lb and is intended for smaller tractors.

David54

Equipment
Kubota L3800
May 24, 2024
Sunbury, OH
I have a Del Morino Centurion Super 158 that I'm happy with. I ordered it in March of 2022 and received it in April of 2022. It has hydraulic offset and a rotating cutting head. One of the things that's striking about flail mowers is how easy it is to turn the cutting drum by hand just by rotating the pulleys. It doesn't take much effort to run those things at all compared to rotary cutters that have a lot more mass to get up to speed. They're also a lot quieter than rotary cutters and do a better job of mulching.

Take a look at Good Works Tractor Co. if you're serious about buying a flail. Courtney is a really good guy and will take care of you. Del Morino makes quality stuff with different tiers of products depending on the application. I don't think that the model I have is commercial grade or anything, but really good for small farms or homeowners with some property to take care of.

View attachment 129249

View attachment 129250

View attachment 129251
Thanks for the info. I will give them a call this week.