Not Home for Christmas

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Everyone wants to be Home for Christmas and there is even a Christmas Song about it, but the fact is that everyone is not able to be home with their families for Christmas. There are family members and even OT members that are not where they would really like to be today.

We have a Grandson that is working on a oil well drilling rig in West Texas, and a Granddaughter who is with her truck driving husband. They are presently at a Love Truck Stop in Richmond Indiana. So I send a Merry Christmas to those who are not with us in person but "only in our dreams", hearts, and memories.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
family members and even OT members that are not where they would really like to be today.
Yeah. Me.
My wife & I would like to be at our place in the mountains having a White Christmas.
We got to do it one year and it was wonderful- great food, great company, quiet, able to watch the movies we wanted, (no wrestling or old game shows at ear-splitting volumes) no weird non-traditional foods, no chauffeuring around un-grateful relatives, etc, etc, etc.
I know that sounds pretty humbug, but after serving them 5-7 days a week for the last 3+ years, it would be nice to have a break. It is really beginning to stress us.
(and our marriage)

OK, rant off, thanks for letting me vent. :eek:

Merry Christmas everyone!

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
We have a Grandson that is working on a oil well drilling rig in West Texas, and a Granddaughter who is with her truck driving husband. They are presently at a Love Truck Stop in Richmond Indiana.
It is a small world. That Loves truck stop is 10 minutes from my house. I drive by it twice a day, to and from work.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
After the family left our house on Christmas Day, my DW of 53 years said " next year we are going to be on a cruise cause this wears me out "

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
and a Granddaughter who is with her truck driving husband. They are presently at a Love Truck Stop in Richmond Indiana.
Since then they have been to North Carolina, back through WV & Ohio, back to Indiana, and are now headed toward PA. They are scheduled to be back home on the 4th. So much of our economy is dependent on truckers delivering the stuff that keeps our lives going.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Magic - - I didn't catch this thread until now.

We have 27 year old identical twin daughters. No grandkids. One is in Philadelphia, the other Santa Cruz, California.

They can't get much further apart from each other in the US, and both locations are a long ways from mom and dad in upstate New York. Thankfully, they both have great in-laws.

We had the California kids for Thanksgiving, they made a stop in Philly en-route.

We had the Philly kids for Christmas.

The relationship with twins is often real tight, and our daughters are VERY tight.

We also have an aspiring MD in our 21 year old son. His school and work schedule make his time home sketchy.

It is tough in our modern day for the "old-style" holiday at home, wherever "home" is.

Your first post here stuck a chord with me....

Last edited: