not heated

451johnny

Sep 11, 2018
Stroudsburg
I everyone I have a question...I just got a new kubota B2650 with loader and backhoe attachments and my question is ...is it wise to store the tractor in an unheated garage in the winter..?? what kinds of problem would I get if I were to do that or would it not cause any problems at all..?? except for my battery but I will be attaching a trickle charger to it.. any advise would be greatly appreciated Johnny

sardillim

Equipment
b2650
Nov 24, 2019
Easton
I everyone I have a question...I just got a new kubota B2650 with loader and backhoe attachments and my question is ...is it wise to store the tractor in an unheated garage in the winter..?? what kinds of problem would I get if I were to do that or would it not cause any problems at all..?? except for my battery but I will be attaching a trickle charger to it.. any advise would be greatly appreciated Johnny
Thats exactly how i store my LX3310 and no issues

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
My LX2610 also lives in my unheated garage year round. Just use a trickle charger and add a diesel anti gel treatment in the colder months and you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would say most of us try to keep our tractors out of the weather, most have a "shed" to store in - some have covered tarps. Few of us have heated places.

As many mentioned - the fuel conditioner and battery maintainers are the things to do keep the tractor ready to go to work.

If real cold - get a block/radiator heater for the winter months.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
And remember to work that engine hard enough to get its oil temperature up in the midrange before you put it away for the day. That way any condensation and moisture that might have built up in the crankcase will get eliminated. A warm diesel engine is a happy diesel engine!!

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
And remember to work that engine hard enough to get its oil temperature up in the midrange before you put it away for the day. That way any condensation and moisture that might have built up in the crankcase will get eliminated. A warm diesel engine is a happy diesel engine!!
good point! Lots of people tend to forget this part. I do that with everything. If I need to fire up my atv just to move it out of the way, I run it up for a bit.

every engine I own gets stabilizer in it almost year round. Cheap insurance on your fuel IMO.

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Mine is unheated barn.

Biggest issue is mice looking for a nice home. I use some of those mice repellent bags to keep them from my cab.