Noisy hydro system

comforthill

Equipment
B2620,back blade,mower,tiller,loader,middlebuster,landscape rake
Oct 14, 2018
Lewiston
2012 B2620 with 320 hrs, and when in use under load by landscape rake or drag there is a lot of noise in the hydro unit. Now being new to the Kubota B2620 this may be normal but I am not sure that is why I am asking. All fluids up and look good at this time. It had been serviced at 300 hrs prior to us buying it. All filters and fluids etc.. We opened a trail to the property behind us and I was using the 4' landscape rake and hauling felled trees to the back of the property. Now I know trees with stumps are heavy but in low range at 2500 rpm it sure sounded loud to me. I used the rake in low at the same rpm but not pulling ti fast. Temperature stayed good I also know that engine temp is different than hydro temp bu there is not a temp gauge for that system. Thanks for any information.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Kubotas do have HST whine. That's a fact.

You said ALL fluids, etc. were changed prior to your purchase at 300 hours...What hydraulic fluid did they use? (For your machine, I would HIGHLY recommend the Kubota SUDT2 full synthetic).

Does the hydraulic look clear, nearly colorless, very little smell, etc?

What brand hydraulic filter is on it? For giggles, did someone write date/hours on the hydraulic filter, does the filter appear new? If the filter is painted grey, someone lied to you....Many here would recommend Kubota-branded filters...

You are working it hard in low range. That's good, and a common problem new guys have.

HST's also operate VERY hot. I can't recall the OTT member here, but ambient temperature + 100 degrees F is common.

For what it's worth, each time I change the hydraulic fluid, the whine decreases significantly.

Since you're relatively new, we've seen here catastrophic HST failures due to use of an inappropriate hydraulic fluid, and also operational problems due to not using an appropriate filter.

If it were me and the whine bothered me that much, I would do another complete hydraulic service myself. I don't know if your tractor is equipped with a screen like my BX is, but it's sometimes overlooked in service. Get a Workshop Manual (WSM) at www.kubotabooks.com . It will help in service.

At least then you know what is NOT the problem. Sometimes the cost is worth the piece of mind!:)

Last edited:

comforthill

Equipment
B2620,back blade,mower,tiller,loader,middlebuster,landscape rake
Oct 14, 2018
Lewiston
The service was done at the Kubota dealer it was bought at. Kubota oil, filters etc. Now this tractor was use most all of it's life to mow 6 acres of land. The bucket was used very little and until we brought it home still had the paint on the inside. It pulled a Middle buster very litlle to open a garden once or twice. I have most of the service record but have called to get them all from the dealer. It probably is ok but I am just a person that worries a little to much. Took me nearly three years to get used to my 2004 Silverado 2500 HD Diesel when we got it. Thanks for the information. I am going to drain and refill with Kubota oil and new filters in June. I just want to make sure. Oil is good and clear and does not smell funny at all.