No Hydraulics after Fluid Change

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
Found water in my trans/hydraulic oil and planned on changing it a few times. After the first change I have no hydraulics. Yes there is enough fluid in there. No noises (at least none I can hear over the D950). Does it need to be primed?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Found water in my trans/hydraulic oil and planned on changing it a few times. After the first change I have no hydraulics. Yes there is enough fluid in there. No noises (at least none I can hear over the D950). Does it need to be primed?
Did you remove, clean and inspect the suction screen? Did you check the entire suction line for deteriorated pieces of hose? Air leaks on the suction side of the pump cause problems.

The system is self bleeding as flow is circulating continuously at low pressure and the pressure only rises when the flow is restricted by being diverted into a cylinder.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
Did you remove, clean and inspect the suction screen? Did you check the entire suction line for deteriorated pieces of hose? Air leaks on the suction side of the pump cause problems.

The system is self bleeding as flow is circulating continuously at low pressure and the pressure only rises when the flow is restricted by being diverted into a cylinder.

Dave
Thanks. I will inspect the line in the morning. I had a thought that the inside o-ring might have moved on install but it is an old tractor and didn't think of a crack in the line.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks. I will inspect the line in the morning. I had a thought that the inside o-ring might have moved on install but it is an old tractor and didn't think of a crack in the line.
forum suction line.jpg
This is not your tractor but an example of the joints that can be found on hydraulic suction lines

Dave

Dave

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
"Yes there is enough fluid in there." How do you know there is enough? Not saying you are not right, but the way you worded that to me, means I believe there is enough based upon what I put in it.

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
"Yes there is enough fluid in there." How do you know there is enough? Not saying you are not right, but the way you worded that to me, means I believe there is enough based upon what I put in it.
It has a dipstick in the trans. I'm actually a little over full.

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
For anyone interested. It needed to be bled. I started the tractor up, cracked the pressure feed to the control block and bled the air out and all my hydraulics returned to normal.

Reactions: 2 users

ki4dog

Equipment
L2501, Loader, DH1060, Titan 1205 rotary cutter, Titan pallet forks, TERYX
May 30, 2020
Kingston, TN
Thanks for the follow-up. Glad it was a simple fix.

Reactions: 1 users

Echo_Orchard

Equipment
Kubota L4200
Jul 22, 2020
Hamden NY
I'm having the same issue.

Nocash....when you say you cracked the feed to the control box, do you mean the controller on the front loader? Or do you mean a different box?

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
I'm having the same issue.

Nocash....when you say you cracked the feed to the control box, do you mean the controller on the front loader? Or do you mean a different box?
Find your high pressure feed from the pump, on my block it is this line, and with the tractor running crack that fitting open just enough to allow a little fluid to seep through, you should get some air then more fluid. Close the fitting again and you should have hydraulics again.

Attachments