Nifty mower... better than BX?

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Watch this:

I thought it was a nifty idea but other than being more comfstrable it didn't do anything better than teh BX.

The Grillo does have an articulated blade like a bushog. That got me pondering... if I wanted to cut light shrubberies like in yon video would a set of articulated blades on my RCK60 be an advantage over the Gator G6 currently installed? I've chopped up some stout maple boughs that've fallen and been impressed with result. A set of articulated blades may mitigate some of the stress placed on the spindles.

Here is their innernets site so you can peruse pics/specksifications: https://www.grilloagrigarden.co.uk/climber_10_awd_27

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Let me be the smartass for once - "better than the BX?"

Well first I love the FEL on that thing and the 3 point is outstanding too as well as the rear PTO!

My BX is so good to me - I TOOK the MMM off and it has been parked for 8+ years.

As someone pointed out about the BX a while back, it is just an overgrown lawn tractor!

On the serious side - that is a damn nice lawnmower for $13,000 , IF you can import one from over seas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have an old Craftsman lawn tractor that has that hand controlled HST like this unit and it's the pits.
As you'll notice watching the video of how jerky it is on him, that's because every bump and sway of your body effects the HST speed and movement.

And yes Hagrid a set of articulating blades do help cut down shock loads.
They just don't work as well for fine cuts.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Watch this:

I thought it was a nifty idea but other than being more comfstrable it didn't do anything better than teh BX.

The Grillo does have an articulated blade like a bushog. That got me pondering... if I wanted to cut light shrubberies like in yon video would a set of articulated blades on my RCK60 be an advantage over the Gator G6 currently installed? I've chopped up some stout maple boughs that've fallen and been impressed with result. A set of articulated blades may mitigate some of the stress placed on the spindles.

Here is their innernets site so you can peruse pics/specksifications: https://www.grilloagrigarden.co.uk/climber_10_awd_27
Hagrid, give these a try! It's the same idea as a disc mower used for cutting hay and can easily cut larger dia. stocks.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Hagrid, give these a try! It's the same idea as a disc mower used for cutting hay and can easily cut larger dia. stocks.

Me likey!

Does teh BX have enough grunt to spin these war blades? Lift has been an issue for me. My pappy insists I cut the estate grounds at the highest mower deck height. The patches of broadleaf grass resists being pulled up for a nice cut. Where my tires have run is a problem as well.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I'd like to see the MegMo performance under all conditions, otherwise, they're for golf course conditions.

The videos are lacking.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Not better for most things, but it might cost as much as the BX without a loader.

I'm pretty sure my 6 year old lawn tractor can do what they showed in the video, but it was $999 6 years ago and still going strong. I wouldn't be surprised if that machine wasn't 10 times as much.