newb with B6100 questions

Brushwacker

Equipment
B6100 + Allied 95 loader
Hi Folks, I just picked up a B6100 4wd gear trans with a allied 95 loader. I've located a 60" belly mower locally that came off a B7100, the man claims its all complete. my question is..will it attach to my tractor? thanks

Last edited:

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
I have a 1979 B7100. I think the B6100 and the B7100 are the same tractor except for the engine HP. You do realize you will not be able to leave the FEL on the tractor when you use the belly mower? Your photo did not appear, so, I am assuming we are talking the older style B series without the mid PTO. If we are, make sure you get all of the accessories to hook up to the front engine PTO. I think the adapter is called the B9310. Good luck.

Brushwacker

Equipment
B6100 + Allied 95 loader
I have a 1979 B7100. I think the B6100 and the B7100 are the same tractor except for the engine HP. You do realize you will not be able to leave the FEL on the tractor when you use the belly mower? Your photo did not appear, so, I am assuming we are talking the older style B series without the mid PTO. If we are, make sure you get all of the accessories to hook up to the front engine PTO. I think the adapter is called the B9310. Good luck.
thanks for the reply, its a 79-84 B6100. that sucks that the FEL needs to come off to mow.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Use a rear finish mower instead.

kytim

moderatmixed

Mar 24, 2011
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
I am a brand NewB with a B6100D 4x4 as well. I just purchased the loader and am in the process of installing it. I too have the belly mower, which is run off of the front PTO, via a long belt, and is from a 7100 (probably identical to yours). But I cant have my loader and mower too.... sounds like having my cake and eating it too LOL. I digress, so i decided that a rear mounted PTO driven finish mower was the answer; until I saw how expensive they are. So I elected to weld up a 3 point hitch and weld it to the mower deck. I had to buy an old gearbox from a "dead" finish mower and with a little work converted a belly mower to a rear mounted 3 point finish mower. There is some work to it, but it appears as though it will work. The snow has just melted up here so I expect in the coming weeks I'll have an opportunity to try it out. I'll let you know. My point is that with a little engineering, and relatively little welding (easily done by your local welding shop if you don't weld) you can use the mower you have..... I just didn't want to have to explain to my wife that I was going to spend more money on another impliment for the tractor.....