New Toy

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I take it that text was from the wife….?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Women think of us all as little boys as long as we suckle. :whistle:

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
At least she knew about it! LOL I never tell mine when I buy ANYTHING. But then, we don't share money or bank accounts, we just split household bills evenly. She pays for her vehicle and stuff she wants and I do the same. But it works for us very well....

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Nice.

My wife and my relationship is different.

My wife would say: "That grapple thingee that you SHOULD have bought 3 years ago!! Is finally here. I can't move it cuz it's heavy and greasy. It's been so long since I told you that YOU need it for the property! Why did you wait so long? What's wrong with you"?!

My reply: "Thank you, Babe. I'll move it when I get home. I waited because I didn't think we needed it. I'm the saver, not the spender. But on your incessant badgering, I bought one. To shut you the hell up. (2 second pause) Just kidding. But I prefer forks, but, Love you Babe! I'll take care of it and move it to the back of the shop. What's for dinner Honey"?

My wife: "Your favorite, lover! Brisket beef has been smoking on the pellet stove for 9 hours, baked potatoes and all the fixin's."

We are all blessed and beat at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You would have loved being a fly on the wall when I came home with a wood chipper.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My wife never complains about anything I buy because I could easily sell something to pay for it if I needed to, but I never need to!!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Is that …Manure…?? I smell..??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You would have loved being a fly on the wall when I came home with a wood chipper.
I got divorced 26 years ago.
Several years after the divorce I met this adorable (twice divorced) French woman, 12 years younger than me.
She made it very obvious the she WANTED to get married.

I had a nearly new small aluminum boat with a relatively new 25HP 2 stroke outboard.
Stumbled on a deal, 100 miles away, for a nearly new Honda 4 stroke.
I said: lets take a drive to go look at that motor.
It was nice!
I bought it!

All the way home she wanted to know why I bought that motor, .....when I already had one.
My outboard motor standards were apparently a lot higher than what she could tolerate.

She did me a big favor, and dumped me, over a year later.
She saved me from what would have eventually been my divorce #2, .... and she has now been divorced for at least a 3rd time.

I dodged a repeat financial bullet!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
About 8-9 years ago, I started talking about looking for a small fishing boat. She pretended to listen, and I started looking. One Friday afternoon, I let her know that I was going to go check out a boat in Bend, which is about 100 miles from me. Took our 5-year old daughter for a ride, and we got home late after stopping for dinner. Into the house, and off to bed.

Wife and I hop up in the morning and as we’re backing out to head into town, she looks out by the shop and asks, “Who’s boat is that?” It’s yours, Sweetheart.

I still don’t believe she really thought that I’d been looking for a nice 18’ aluminum windshield boat for a couple months and was just going to drive 4 hours to kick tires. That was a great little boat…

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Come to think about it, she asked the same thing when the B2650 was delivered…

I swear, we communicate. She just doesn’t listen.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
My wife came over while I was watching GP Outdoors one day and saw him using a grapple and said that maybe we should get one and asked how much they were. I told her and then she said maybe not.

2 years later I talked to her about getting one and she said that it would make it easy on me and I ordered one. I also bought a Homestead Implements grapple.

I wish I would have gotten one the first time I saw GP using his. A lot easier then using pallet forks. A little harder on my waistline (don't get on off the tractor as much).

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
About 8-9 years ago, I started talking about looking for a small fishing boat. She pretended to listen, and I started looking. One Friday afternoon, I let her know that I was going to go check out a boat in Bend, which is about 100 miles from me. Took our 5-year old daughter for a ride, and we got home late after stopping for dinner. Into the house, and off to bed.

Wife and I hop up in the morning and as we’re backing out to head into town, she looks out by the shop and asks, “Who’s boat is that?” It’s yours, Sweetheart.

I still don’t believe she really thought that I’d been looking for a nice 18’ aluminum windshield boat for a couple months and was just going to drive 4 hours to kick tires. That was a great little boat…

Last spring I told my girlfriend I was planning to buy a boat. Her response was "Sounds like a great idea. When you find one, I will pay half"... And she did! She's been in the boat one time... :LOL:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Last spring I told my girlfriend I was planning to buy a boat. Her response was "Sounds like a great idea. When you find one, I will pay half"... And she did! She's been in the boat one time... :LOL:
Maybe she just wanted to see less of you!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Reactions: 1 user