New to me B6100 Want a FEL, Recommendations?

B6000ME

Jul 23, 2018
manchester
I recently purchased an excellent condition Kubota B 6100 gear-driven tractor. I would like to put a Front end loader on this tractor and know that my chances of locating a factory b219 loader are slim to none. What brand of loader out there would you guys recommend. I prefer a more traditional squared look to the more rounded loaders you see currently. Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I recently purchased an excellent condition Kubota B 6100 gear-driven tractor. I would like to put a Front end loader on this tractor and know that my chances of locating a factory b219 loader are slim to none. What brand of loader out there would you guys recommend. I prefer a more traditional squared look to the more rounded loaders you see currently. Thanks
Not to tell you what you already know....

Finding a loader NOT on a B6100 - will be extremely hard to do! Almost impossible as you said.

You will need the sub-frame
the bucket and loader arms...
and more importantly the hydraulic all to go with it.

Not sure what you paid for it - but the cost would be considerable IF you found one! AND to find the more squared one would add to the mix in not a good way!;)

If a loader is your goal -

Find one WITH loader, and buy, selling yours.
OR buy and keep - two tractors for different purposes is a very common thing. I have three - all with good reason.
One so I can dig and front end load "stuff" with 60 MMM that is removed, cause cutting grass after taking off FEL and HOE is not gonna happen....
One for all the grass cutting chores here and the same machine again for grass cutting 30 miles from here.....pain in the ass to haul it every time, so it stays there.

Finding them took years - you search everyday for a deal, have cash in hand and ready to move when you find something.....if you snooze...you loose! ;)

best of luck to you - but once you get where you want to be....you are gonna love the fact that you are there...if that makes ANY sense at all!:)

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Everything 85Hokie said, and add you need the patience of Job and the eye of an eagle to find something to fit. I think an LA211 was Kubota's number for that model.

Biltit

May 29, 2018
SK
I was lucky and found someone selling the loader of his b7x00 (clamshell bucket too!). Paid $750. Built a subframe from drawings off the net (i can post them if you need) And plumbed a feed/return hydraulic line. All in for the loader was about $1000CAD.

Done and done. Made my b6100 so much more useful!

Then i had to build a all-in-one weight/tow hitch.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

B6000ME

Jul 23, 2018
manchester
I currently have a B6000 with a b211 loader on it. I was going to take the loader off the B6000 and install it on the 6100. But I do not think the B211 is strong enough for the 6100.

Attachments

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
I am not sure if there are imported Chinese/Turkish loaders imported your way. If you run some searches they fetch around 2000Euros + taxes here in Malta. They have the square looks too and come with a subframe - which is not always as heavy duty as the Kubota meant it to be. The company in the link is based in Greece and I used it in the past for parts when rebuilding/refurbishing my b7001 (grey model). They do have a loader which is quite nice but the subframe looks weak when compared to what was approved by kubota back in the days.

(I am pretty sure that VAT tax will not apply but customs would need to be paid)

Anyway since I am handy with the welder and importing a used one into the island is quite as hard (shipping mostly - add another 700 to 1000 euros in shipping) I am building my own one. I am past the subframe and working on the arms at the moment. hydraulics shipped in from UK, Free international postage (all down to B219 spec - 4 cylinders/ controller with float / pump to go on the front of the crank = 700Euros roughly)

Good luck with your search
Joseph

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
I currently have a B6000 with a b211 loader on it. I was going to take the loader off the B6000 and install it on the 6100. But I do not think the B211 is strong enough for the 6100.
If it fits it might be fine. The bucket would be narrower perhaps. It is a matter of not overloading the system in the end. you cannot expect the B6000 or B6100 to perform work expected by a skidsteer. :)

Babybull

Equipment
Kubota B6100 w/ LA211 FEL, Scraper box
Nov 9, 2020
Sacramento
I just finished up installing a LA211 FEL on my B6100 4x4. It a great unit with modern 4 way joystick. It’s a tight fit, but fits the size of the tractor perfect. It also is quick release so it only takes 10 min to take off. I have to remove the air filter and the muffler but it’s only 6 bolts. I made stencils of all the plates and braces I made for the sub frame. Let me know if you are interested. First step find a loader. Stay persistent it took me 8 months but I got mine for $1100 with no sub frame. Enjoy the hunt!

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I'm in the process of doing this for my L1500. I found a Leon 490 for 500. I bought a rear bracket for an L1500 for a bushhog loader. The loader came with brackets for a Belarus 250. The front bracket from that should work with some holes drilled for it. Then the rear bracket needs to be tied to the transaxle to brace it. I'll probably get it tied to the front as well because it can run down the center because the driveshaft is offset.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Then the rear bracket needs to be tied to the transaxle to brace it. I'll probably get it tied to the front as well because it can run down the center because the driveshaft is offset.
I hope you mean tied to the front of the tractor frame, and not to the front axle! The front axle needs to float. Tieing the subframe to the front of the tractor frame is a good idea though.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I hope you mean tied to the front of the tractor frame, and not to the front axle! The front axle needs to float. Tieing the subframe to the front of the tractor frame is a good idea though.
I plan to tie the rear bracket to the transaxle and the front bracket . The front bracket bolts under the bumper or replaces it. I haven't decided yet. I don't think that I need both but I'm a fan of overkill.

dvanpelt

Equipment
B6000
Jan 4, 2021
Yakima WA
I was lucky and found someone selling the loader of his b7x00 (clamshell bucket too!). Paid $750. Built a subframe from drawings off the net (i can post them if you need) And plumbed a feed/return hydraulic line. All in for the loader was about $1000CAD.

Done and done. Made my b6100 so much more useful!

Then i had to build a all-in-one weight/tow hitch.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Hello!
Could I get a copy of your subframe drawings?
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user