New to forum

Mardo

Equipment
ZG222, L3901HST 4WD, LP 1860 cutter, LP 1560GS, FSP 500
May 28, 2016
Jonesboro, AR
Getting my new L3901 HST FEL 4WD package on Tuesday. I upgraded the cutter to a Land Pride 1860, took the box blade off and bought a GS 1560 grader scraper, and bought a FSP500 fertilize spreader. Anything I need to know about any of this equipment. This is my first post but hopefully not my last.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Welcome to the forum... If that's a spinner type fert spreader, don't store it for long periods, up-side-down...:D:D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Welcome Mardo!

You have a place to store your equipment inside? Even if you do, get a good coat of wax on the orange parts (NuFinish). It takes two coats to get it sealed. This is important because the Kubota Orange II has no clear coat and can oxidize if left out in the weather. In as little as 6 mos, you can start seeing faded paint. Lube your FEL (I use "Red & Tacky" from Wally Mart and chase the mess with half a roll of paper towels and WD-40) and any of the zircs you can find under the tractor, especially the HST pedal.

Your HST pedal has limit switches that prevent the machine from being started with ANY FWD or REV pedal. In no time, your machine will start acting goofy, clattering instead of starting. Adjust the limits out wider and that resolves the issue. The switches are usually found in the lower right foot area under the dash shroud.

Also, you may have to bend the under-seat switch(s) to get better contact. Some machines will shut down if you lean one way or the other. Easy to fix by bending the switch bracket a tad.

If you have any questions, you came to the right place.

Ray

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Just follow your operator manual on all and you'll be fine, you have really handy setup of tractor and implements.

cn2redjeep

Equipment
L3901, tiller, finish mower, pallet forks, rear blade
Mar 27, 2015
Illinois
I have the same tractor as you, and almost identical 3 point equipment .
I certainly hope you have good luck with it.
Just a heads up, mine with (92 hours) has been back to the dealer 4 times with FEL complaints. As of today May 31st it has been setting at the dealership 3 weeks and no repairs completed yet.
May 15th it went to the shop with the same complaints. And when I got it home the FEL was seizing up and would not lower the load like it was suppose to, like it was locked up or stuck and was totally unsafe.
The last 3 days we have had 3 very unpleasant phone conversations.
I paid cash for this tractor and excited to get it home.
It's been down hill since I unloaded it. Sorry for the rant but keep an eye on your hydraulics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cn2redjeep

Equipment
L3901, tiller, finish mower, pallet forks, rear blade
Mar 27, 2015
Illinois
The post that CaveCreekRay made is 100% correct. All ready been down that road as well. Do the items he posted seem like a dependable machine?
He did forget to mention you will probably have to bend the contact spring on the micro switch so the PTO lever will engage.
I guess you don't get a dependable machine for mere $23,000.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Getting my new L3901 HST FEL 4WD package on Tuesday. I upgraded the cutter to a Land Pride 1860, took the box blade off and bought a GS 1560 grader scraper, and bought a FSP500 fertilize spreader. Anything I need to know about any of this equipment. This is my first post but hopefully not my last.
Mardo, welcome to the forum. I have a L3901DT with 140+ hours on it and I'm very happy with the tractor. Like CaveCreekRay said, you have to watch leaning to the right too far as the switch under the seat will kill the engine if it is in gear. Something else that gets some people is the way the seat needs to be to use the PTO if you aren't in the seat. After you get up off the seat, you have about 5 seconds to flip the seat up before the engine will die.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Welcome to the forum!

(After successfully completing the probation period, you get the secret handshake.)