New member from Arkansas

Deadi

Feb 24, 2011
Arkansas
Hello all, just found this forum a week or so ago, and I really like it here. I have a L2800 Kabota that I bought new last October. I have put 17.5 hours on it so far. It has a FEL, box blade, Bush Hog, and I just bought a 5' LandPride tiller, and used it today to get a new garden spot ready. Oh yea, I forgot it came with an 18' trailer also. Anyway this is my first tractor other than lawn mowers etc. I grew up on a farm and had tractors there but haven't been around them for years. I just turn 60 and decided I needed something to hobby farm on our 30 acres. Well hope I didn't ramble too much for my first post, hope to learn a lot from this place and maybe contribute occasionally. Thanks.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Welcome to OTT and congrats on the Orange of course. :D

Sounds like your nicely equipped. We like to do some gardening here too but we have run out of space. Hopefully we will move soon and have more room for a bigger garden, and shop, and house, and tractor. :D :D :D

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hopefully we will move soon and have more room for ...
More room is never more space, it's just more room with stuff. :p

Also a welcome from me. We like to share idea's and knowledge. Hope you have fun with your Kubota. Do you want to start a small farm for hobby and selling the fresh veggie's to the neighbours?

carl

Deadi

Feb 24, 2011
Arkansas

Also a welcome from me. We like to share idea's and knowledge. Hope you have fun with your Kubota. Do you want to start a small farm for hobby and selling the fresh veggie's to the neighbours?

carl
No nothing like that, I just want to grow some vegetables for family and friends. I also use this tractor to maintain my shooting range and berms here on the farm, as shooting is on of my main hobbies, hence the choice of the user name that I choose.:D I also will plant food plots for deer and other wild life that reside here.

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Welcome. You will enjoy this site. The L2800 is a great machine. It will serve you well. Beyond the love of Orange Tractors, it sounds like you and I have very similar interests. My wife and I garden and I bow hunt. With 40 years in law enforcement I have an appreciation for tools that go bang also. Got to love a Glock!

hivo

Equipment
B7300, L3940
Oct 15, 2010
Conway Arkansas USA
Welcome Deadi from a fellow Arkansan. I know you will find a lot of great info here. I do a little shooting myself.
HIVO

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
... I have an appreciation for tools that go bang also...
Look's like a lot of guy's here, who have a need for a traktor because of the size of land, they also sharing the same hobby. :)
In my country it isn't so easy, you have to visit an official shooting range and there are not so many, where you can shot long range. Unless you spend 3000€ and some month evening-classes to make a hunting-license, then you can pay additional to a society who own the rights to hunt in that area. My property is a part of such area and I get 5€/year that they are using my land for hunting. I am not allowed to hunt by my self, because I don't have the license and I am not in that society, even if it is my land!! Interesting point, isn't it!!
But because I am a reserve-officer of the germany airforce, I also join the hobby of shooting and own some equipment. My wife don't like that...
So everytime I have the chance, I drive to the shooting range, I am lucky to have a range of the forces 6 miles from me and it's up to 300m. Sometimes the wind carries the sound of machinegun fire to my house...

carl

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I guess we take a lot for granted Carl.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Welcome!!! come in a sit a spell.

From your neighbor in west Ky.

Kytim

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA

carl

That is the truth. I was fine with the space I had............but then, kids, wife, projects..........:eek: :eek: :eek:

More stuff could be a plus like a bigger Kubota. :D :D :D