New M7060 delivered!

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Nice machine, Ive been looking at a M7060 also but curious how the DPF system is holding up on this machine? Many issues out there with that?
Picked up my M7060 (used) in February and have put ~ 80 hours on it since then. The previous owner didn't report any problems with the DPF and I haven't seen anything either. The regeneration light comes on and then about 15-20 minutes later goes off and if it weren't for that I wouldn't know that it was regenerating. During the winter months when I really wasn't working the tractor that hard the regenerations happened every 20 hours or so but now that its hot and I'm running the tractor at PTO speeds all the time, I've seen the regeneration light come on only once in the past couple weeks.

From my research the main thing to remember is that with a DPF system, don't spend a lot of time with the tractor idling. The exhaust needs to be hot or regenerations will be more frequent. And if the tractor signals (via the dash lights) that it needs to regenerate, make sure the rpms are high enough and let it do its thing and you'll have no problems. Coming from a 50 year old John Deere diesel, I was sure I'd be losing fuel economy with the Kubota but that's proven to not be the case. I can run it all day long at PTO speeds on 10 gallons of diesel. Another benefit is the clean engine oil...with the John Deere, a few hours of work after an oil change and the oil would be black. I changed the oil in the Kubota right after I brought it home and it still looks clean as can be.

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
Thank you for the input, much appreciated. The dealer basically told me the same thing, if you run it right the DPF hasnt been an issue. He did say there were some issues with the DEF on larger stuff though. (he didnt elaborate on which models)

I looked at one today and love the ergos in the cab. I didnt stay long as we were en route somewhere though and didnt have time to ask many questions. I read on TractorData and it says they have EGR on there, I wonder if that is proving to be a nuisance either? Does it have an EGR cooler, and does the EGR valve gum up frequently like some of the new pickup diesels? Oh, and lastly, does anyone know if there are delete kits/programmers-SIMs for these newer Kubotas?

Thanks to you guys who offer info, it really helps us folks looking at these new ones to make decisions based on real-world facts and not hearsay.

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
One other thing:

I saw on your profile that you have a 12 speed. Has that worked out? I did some Google searches on that and read somewhere that a fella had a new 12 speed (with cab and loader) and he said it ran like a dog in high gear because the overall machine was heavier than open-station and the taller gears were just too much and it struggled.

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
One other thing:

I saw on your profile that you have a 12 speed. Has that worked out? I did some Google searches on that and read somewhere that a fella had a new 12 speed (with cab and loader) and he said it ran like a dog in high gear because the overall machine was heavier than open-station and the taller gears were just too much and it struggled.
The M7060 does not use DEF. It does have an EGR valve...the only reason I know that is that the owner's manual mentions that it needs to be serviced after 1500 hours. At my age, I doubt I'll have to worry about it! But in my research on the tractor, I've seen no mention of issues with the EGR system at all. Others have also asked about deletes and tunes/reprogramming but as of yet, nothing is available. By the way, the M7060 owner's manual is available on-line and is full of good info.

I cannot comment on running in high gear - my tractor has never been there. You'd have to be on a good smooth road to go that fast. I think 8th is the highest gear mine has been in. The owner's manual states that the M7060 has a rev limiter that engages in high gear - wonder if that poster you are talking about knew that? At any rate, gotta realize that even though the M7060 is not a small tractor as most tractors go, the engine is still rated at only 71 hp and 191 ft/lbs torque (at 1400 rpm). It's not a 400 hp 900 ft/lbs Cummins! My problem with the 12 speed is that I find even low gear to be too fast in some situations - it's about equal to 3rd gear in my old John Deere 2020. In the future I may install the optional "creeper" gears to turn this into an 18 speed (all 6 added ranges in the creeper kit are slower than the current 1st gear).