New L3901 and SABRE SAMURAI CUTTER

paintman161

Equipment
Kubota L3901
Jun 4, 2018
Rochester, NY
Okay I shol dhave my new tractor delivered this week (its been a long 3.5 weeks without a tractor). I really need something to trim the edge of my trails branches and shrubs growing into my trails. I am really leaning toward the SABRE SAMURAI CUTTER. I like I can mount it to the front of the bucket or make something custom for it to use on the SSQA and still use the brush hog.

As for the tractor it is a L3901 which will have dealer installed 3rd function and rear remote. What would be the best way to connect the SABRE SAMURAI CUTTER? Is there any issues using the 3rd function other then having to hold the switch open (over heating the valve)? Or should I run Long hydraulic lines from the rear remote?

Thanks!

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
What is the requirment for presure and flow for that unit? the tractor might not have enough to power the attachement.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum.

Congrats on the new toy... I mean tractor. :D

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have one for my M7040
Hydraulic requirements:

forum samurai.jpg

3.3 gpm at 500 psi is required hydraulics.
You need to get the breakaway mount
You need to reinforce your bucket with pieces of plate or it will bend.
I used a pressure balanced flow control to get the proper number of strokes per minute of a max of 400.
The control was tee'd between the two hoses to the cutter.
Here is the crude way I used it.
IMG_3519.JPG

I ran from a rear remote with a pressure detent. With the cutter working at low pressure the detent would stay engaged without a banjo strap holding it.

Dave