New L3800 HST

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST 4WD, 72" finish mower, 72" rake, 5' Bush hog, 5' box blade, hay spear
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
So after cooling off. I would rate the overall experience of my new tractor of purchasing and taking delivery a "D-". I know that some of the things are relatively minor, but if I tell someone something I make every effort to make it happen. Don't tell me something to pacify me, or make up excuses. I will give the dealer a good mark (A+) for making the deal happen. Every dealer in this area are closed on Saturday. They opened up the dealership for us to check out the machines. After that its pretty much straight F's. He was late ordering the parts for the options I wanted. Then the parts did not get shipped because of the snow storm in the south/east. They rode that excuse for about a week. Finally 12 days after we made the deal "the tractors being loaded, be their by 2pm". around 3:45 he shows up, cool I can understand maybe a lot of traffic. We unload the tractor. Hydraulic fluid not even to the site glass. He calls the shop and the service manager gives him a bunch of b/s. I can here him tell the sales guy that he can get someone out in a week and he was charging us for the mobile service. That is when I lost it and told to him put it back on the trailer and leave. "I will buy one from somewhere else". I went inside to cool down and make a call to the owner of the dealership. He took care of the the problem and had someone there to top of the fluids and check out the machine. OK, good it is time to move on, and enjoy the tractor. oh shit we are missing 2 manuals, no spare key, and the rake looks like it's been laying on the beach for the last 10 years. Today I realized that the cap for the PTO was missing also. This may all be minor stuff but I spent a lot of money for all this equipment, and a little attention to detail a good customer service could of made this a more enjoyable experience. With all that behind us the wife and I love our tractor, this thing is kick ass. I plan on doing a lot with it this weekend.

Last edited:

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
Just wanted to give an update to my last post. Well Chad from my local dealer came thru for me today. He delivered the manuals I was missing and brought the 3 point quick hitch. He also had the pto shaft cover. So now I have everything and so far I am very pleased with the machine and the implements. For the inconvenience, they gave me a free 2.5 gallon jug of UDT fluid. Very nice of them. My chief financial officer (wife) approved my budget to enclose the pole barn. It includes a 12' x 36' loft over a 12' x 24' inclosed room, and one of the stalls. The room will have a roll up door so that I can keep the Tractor and all the other yard toys in. I will also have a 10' x 36' overhang along the side of the barn to park the implements and the horse trailer. I am stoked. I better hurry up and get it done before she changes her mind.LoL

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well that's just perfect. It's nice to hear it's all coming together and working out for you. It might have started out with a few wrinkles but they sure are ironed out now.
Nice tractor and a great wife. What more does a man need. Good stuff. Thanks for the update
Have fun.

Paul

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
Well that's just perfect. It's nice to hear it's all coming together and working out for you. It might have started out with a few wrinkles but they sure are ironed out now.
Nice tractor and a great wife. What more does a man need. Good stuff. Thanks for the update
Have fun.

Paul
Thanks Paul, She is the best. And the wife is not bad either,LOL. I have 16 yards of clay mix being delivered today. Its for my next project. I will be spreading it in the run in from the coral to the barn. I have a lot to catch up on after being out of commission from my shoulder surgery for so long.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Just wanted to give an update to my last post. Well Chad from my local dealer came thru for me today. He delivered the manuals I was missing and brought the 3 point quick hitch. He also had the pto shaft cover. So now I have everything and so far I am very pleased with the machine and the implements. For the inconvenience, they gave me a free 2.5 gallon jug of UDT fluid. Very nice of them. My chief financial officer (wife) approved my budget to enclose the pole barn. It includes a 12' x 36' loft over a 12' x 24' inclosed room, and one of the stalls. The room will have a roll up door so that I can keep the Tractor and all the other yard toys in. I will also have a 10' x 36' overhang along the side of the barn to park the implements and the horse trailer. I am stoked. I better hurry up and get it done before she changes her mind.LoL
Rick,

Now, maximize the CFO's generosity and buy some tractor wax and windshield washer fluid for it.

Great tractor and good negotiating with the dealer.

Burt