New L 3901 owner in Arkansas

Dudley Do Wright

Dec 29, 2015
Hot Springs, AR
Did not know where to post and so here I am. I took delivery today of a new L3901 HST with AGR tires, FEL, backhoe, 6' bush hog, pallet forks, and a quick hitch. I traded my BX25 in on it. The little tractor was great but I just purchased 46 acres and thought I needed something a little larger. I always join forums so that I know that I am not alone out there when little things pop up. I know I will be lost for a while and need to do some reading on here to catch up. I hope to use the tractor some this week and just get to know it. Thanks for letting me be apart of the forum and look forward to future conversations with everyone

cmorris1

Equipment
L3901 HST
Nov 30, 2014
Louisville/Hart Co.
WOW you did it up right. I also have a L3901 and wish that I had pulled the trigger on a BH. I really like mine, its a little light in the rear - even with filled tires so be careful with the FEL, I almost found out the hard way.
Enjoy and post some pics.
Chris

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Welcome to the L3901 club and OTT, I have close to 100 hours on mine. I got it on 16-Dec-2014, so just a little over a year.

I also would have liked to get the BH, but I couldn't justify the extra money in my mind.

I am looking to get a set of pallet forks, I think I will order them next week and then that will be all for a while.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
Your gonna love that tractor. I've got just over 80 hours on my l3901 and I got it at the end of September. I also wish I had been able to get a backhoe but I had to work with a strict budget.

Dudley Do Wright

Dec 29, 2015
Hot Springs, AR
I am very familiar with Kubota and if it performs as my previous Kubotas, I will be well pleased. The backhoe is not used much, but is nice to have. I had one on the BX25 and it came in handy around my home. With this going to my property that has creeks and all kinds of things, I feel like it will get more use. Other then the bush hog, I think the pallet forks is the best implement that I purchased. I have already used them to unload the bushhog off the trailer.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
Welcome and congrats on the L3901. Mine has 90 hrs on it since August. I would consider a ballast for the 3pt when using the FEL without the BH. Also rear wheel spacers made mine a lot more stable. Great tractor, you'll love it.

Long Gone

Equipment
M5-091, L2501, BX2660, RTV1140, L3800DT, BH77, B3200 & 72"MMM, RTVX900, etc...
Mar 6, 2015
Little Rock, Arkansas
Dudley,
Congrats on the new tractor.
I have the BH77 and have been very pleased with it.
I'm a little north of you in Benton-good to see another "L" owner in the neighborhood. :)

LongGone

cn2redjeep

Equipment
L3901, tiller, finish mower, pallet forks, rear blade
Mar 27, 2015
Illinois
Congrats to all you L3901 HST owners.
Mine is a little over a year old and for the most part I am very pleased with it.
But, the FEL lift capacity is nothing like I expected. I have rented john deer and Kioti tractors over the last few years and if your not careful you can lift the rear tires off the ground. These tractors both had light weight 6' rear blades attached while in use. My new tractor will barely lift the bucket with a 3/4 full of sand or crushed white Rock .
I have discovered, against my better judgement, if you operate at full throttle and be patient it wi finally lift a loaded bucket .
I guess my question would be, has anyone experienced a similar problem? I almost think the FEL control valve is bypassing or leaking thru.
And no surprise my dealer says he checked it out and it's within specs. Any comments or suggestions would be welcome
Oh also I have no ballast in the tires!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
cn2redjeep,
I haven't worked with any sand, but I have moved a lot of dirt and haven't noticed any problems picking that up. I have picked up the back of the tractor when I have caught the bucket on something. I have loaded rear tires and always have something on the 3PT. I have also moved a lot of logs and firewood without any problems. How much would you think a bucket full of sand weights?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Welcome to the sight :D I live just to the north east of you right by vilonia :D there's a great knowledge base here and a great bunch of folks :D

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
I haven't had any issues lifting stuff with my l3901 this is by far one of the biggest things I've lifted yet. 16ft poplar log that was around 20 inches in diameter at the base, that said I do have about 250lbs of rim guard in each rear tire and 450lbs of box blade for rear ballast. This was the max I've been able to lift so far. The loader had trouble getting the log up on to the trailer but it still managed it.

Last edited:

yamatitan

Equipment
L3901
Jun 28, 2015
Louisiana
I have lifted a heaping full bucket of limestone with mine about 3ft off the ground. Im guessing somewhere around 1100lbs or so. FEL didnt even seem to slow down at all, although the back end did feel very light with a 500lb box blade on the back.

BTW this was done before I raised the relief pressure from 2300psi to 2700psi. I need to find a better ballast now if I attempt anything more than the limestone.

Dudley Do Wright

Dec 29, 2015
Hot Springs, AR
Welcome to the sight :D I live just to the north east of you right by vilonia :D there's a great knowledge base here and a great bunch of folks :D
Daren,

I bought my Kubota out of Conway. I had bought the previous three kubota products out of Alexander. The dealer in Conway is first class. Never had a salesman as attentive to my needs and concerns as him. I was using the backhoe the first day and a leak occurred. A line had come loose and was leaking. Contacted my salesman and he was on it. I told him I had figured out what it was and tightened the hose but was low on oil. He said I will ship you some and he has it boxed that day waiting for UPS. Can't say enough good things about them.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren,

I bought my Kubota out of Conway. I had bought the previous three kubota products out of Alexander. The dealer in Conway is first class. Never had a salesman as attentive to my needs and concerns as him. I was using the backhoe the first day and a leak occurred. A line had come loose and was leaking. Contacted my salesman and he was on it. I told him I had figured out what it was and tightened the hose but was low on oil. He said I will ship you some and he has it boxed that day waiting for UPS. Can't say enough good things about them.
I looked at a newer kubota down the road from my house. An elderly couple owned it and asked if I could fix a hydraulic leak on it. They had sent it into the dealer for a service, and to fix an overheating issue. When the delivery driver returned it, it was pouring hydraulic oil out of the clutch housing.

That actually surprised me, because I've always heard good things about them. There's a few other members on the sight that bought from them and had a first rate sales experience, with some of the best prices in the state. Some of the members traveled further then the 80 miles you traveled. I've only dealt with the parts department there and had good luck.

Dudley Do Wright

Dec 29, 2015
Hot Springs, AR
I looked at a newer kubota down the road from my house. An elderly couple owned it and asked if I could fix a hydraulic leak on it. They had sent it into the dealer for a service, and to fix an overheating issue. When the delivery driver returned it, it was pouring hydraulic oil out of the clutch housing.

That actually surprised me, because I've always heard good things about them. There's a few other members on the sight that bought from them and had a first rate sales experience, with some of the best prices in the state. Some of the members traveled further then the 80 miles you traveled. I've only dealt with the parts department there and had good luck.
Well everyone has a blunder every now and then. What counts is how they respond to the blunder. I don't know what or why the line came loose but I was extremely impressed with the way my salesman handled the issue. He quickly answered my text, then called me. He was wiling to send some one to Hot Springs and get it fixed. When I purchased the tractor and all the implements I could not get there to pick it up due to some transportation issues. He loaded it on a trailer and brought it all to me and picked up my trade in and I did the paperwork on the hood of the truck. LOL Heck, if someone asked me directions to the place, I would not have a clue how to get there and the only way I would know my salesman is by his name tag or his voice.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well everyone has a blunder every now and then. What counts is how they respond to the blunder. I don't know what or why the line came loose but I was extremely impressed with the way my salesman handled the issue. He quickly answered my text, then called me. He was wiling to send some one to Hot Springs and get it fixed. When I purchased the tractor and all the implements I could not get there to pick it up due to some transportation issues. He loaded it on a trailer and brought it all to me and picked up my trade in and I did the paperwork on the hood of the truck. LOL Heck, if someone asked me directions to the place, I would not have a clue how to get there and the only way I would know my salesman is by his name tag or his voice.
Exit 129 off I40 and head west (Dave ward drive). They are on the right at the second stop light. There entrance is immediately after the intersection. Very easy to find. You'll see about 50 tractors packed into about eight tight rows to the right of the building. Really small lot, packed to the gills with tractors :D I drool every day when I drive by there yard :rolleyes: