New here 3 pt hitch for G1900

Skipper

Jan 2, 2012
Maine
Hello, I just purchased a 2000 G1900 that came with a new 3 pt hitch. Is there any diagrams on this website or others that show the set-up. My son seems to think the 3 pt hitch doesn't even go with my new G1900. Thanks!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Any chance you can post some pictures of what you have, tractor and hitch and lets see if we can getchya figured out and squared away. The G series is a garden tractor which has a Cat 0 three point hitch, which is rather small. So the parts you have wont be very big.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah those are the wrong ones. Those are Catagory 1 hitch parts which is a pretty common hitch but way to big for the G series mower. Catagory 0 is better suited to the G series mowers.

Skipper

Jan 2, 2012
Maine
Thanks Eric, my son thought so too. Searching on the internet, I found the 3 pt hitch for the G1900 is part number G2590. Do you know if you can still order these from Kubota or will I have to search Craigs list? Thanks!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You'd have to check with Vic on that one, he's the only person I can think to ask.

Service Dept Vic

Skipper

Jan 2, 2012
Maine
Well, it sure appears the hydraulic 3 pt hitch for the G series is a rare if not non-existent item, does anyone have any ideas on how I could fabricate a hitch to raise and lower a scraper / plow on the rear.

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
Thanks Eric, my son thought so too. Searching on the internet, I found the 3 pt hitch for the G1900 is part number G2590. Do you know if you can still order these from Kubota or will I have to search Craigs list? Thanks!
I've been looking for a year.... I did find a diagram of the optional kit.. One dealer I spoke with remembered installing one way back in the early/mid 90's. There was a diverted valve that switched between the rear "3pt" and the mid lift cylinder. It had no down pressure... It was also a 900 dollar option....

I have fabbed up a rear Reese style hitch and have all the parts for my own design cat 0 three point. I have aquired many different hitch setups from old brinly sleeve hitches and craftsman. I haven't had the time to finish it. I had a thread in the fabrication area where I built a front snow blade from a 5100. I tapped into the hydraulics and left myself an extra port on a manual three way valve I bought. You are probably going to be better off to either find or make a front blade. It will be easier and work better as long as you can get enough weight on the ass end. I filled my tires and made a 150lb weight plate that slides into the rear hitch I made. The original g series snow blades are very cheaply built. They are all bolted together with very thin steel. I looked for about a year, ended up finding that Hyd front blade and made it work. Then after all the work I found a front snow blade for the g series (g2001 iirc) and was very disappointed in how weak and cheaply built it was.

Steve

Skipper

Jan 2, 2012
Maine
Steve, it seems that from what I've read this hydraulic 3 pt hitch is very hard to find. Luckly, my son and a close friend are pretty good welders/ fabricators so I will probably have to make something close to the real thing. Nice job on the plow!

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Do you still have g 1900 I have a question about it thank you
Start a new thread and ask away! The OP your asking the question hasnt been on here since 2013!