New guy here with a gray L2600

famvburg

Apr 18, 2012
vicksburg, ms.
Early this year I bought a new-to-me house on 4 acres, about 75% is yard, the remainder is woods. The seller had a nice Kubota tractor with finishing mower & other implements as well as a riding mower which I bought along with the house. I don't think he knew the Kubota was a gray market. I had never heard much about gray stuff other than there's nothing wrong with them. Anyway, I knew something was amiss when I started looking for an L2600 manual & no L2600s looked like mine. Ok, maybe it's just older. Then, I kept seeing the specs for an L2600 showing a 3 cylinder, yet mine has a 4 cylinder (Are you sure?? Yes, I can count to 10 easily, 20 if I'm barefoot & 21 if I unzip too :) ). A couple of folks had suggested it was a gray market. yesterday, I finally thought of calling my local Kubota dealer & ended up emailing pics & he confirmed it is gray & of course told me they couldn't provide parts 'cause they can't look them up. This morning at work I did some surfing & found some gray info as well as this site. My L2600 seems to run fine, tho I haven't cut with it yet as the finishing mower has some issues & I just bought a rotary cutter aka a bush hog but I have dressed my driveway with the box blade & used the lifting boom. Anyway, I found a post somewhere that sounds like it describes my 'refurbished' L2600. it's been painted, including the oil filter & the ID plate. What I'd like to do is get an owner's manual & maybe parts manual. So far I have found lots of useful info here & hope I won't end up being too much of a bother at times.